Medicare Advantage Trial Right Explained

Found it on Medicare Interactive . gov

Couldn't copy and past from the doc, but see the bottom of pg 8, item # 6, "you have an SEP if..... "You want to disenroll from your FIRST Medicare private health plan (MA)" Link Here

Says you can disenroll from MA at any time during your first year and go back to Orig Med, with or w/o joining a stand alone PDP. It does not however, specifically state that you are GI to a Med Supp. Hmmmmm, one would think that you would have this option unless it has escaped the oversight of the regime, aka CMS/HHS.

"Makes sense.... "

Really? You're dealing with CMS reasoning and you say anything "makes sense"... ? Yes, what you ASSUME does seem like the reasonable way of thinking, but unless you have the word in writing from the authority in the matter you have just what it is... an assumption.

Found it on Medicare Interactive . gov

Couldn't copy and past from the doc, but see the bottom of pg 8, item # 6, "you have an SEP if..... "You want to disenroll from your FIRST Medicare private health plan (MA)" Link Here

Says you can disenroll from MA at any time during your first year and go back to Orig Med, with or w/o joining a stand alone PDP. It does not however, specifically state that you are GI to a Med Supp. Hmmmmm, one would think that you would have this option unless it has escaped the oversight of the regime, aka CMS/HHS.

I wish that had a CMS stamp on it. I've never seen the CMS chart list that as an option, but then again I haven't seen the 2011 version.

Back