Medicare Award Letter

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
For some time I have been telling clients to log into their MySSA and look for the View Benefit Details tab under Benefits & Payments . . .
Click the link and scroll down to Get a Benefit Determination Letter. Click that link and it will open a window with a Benefit Letter. You can save and/or print the letter. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way and will see your Medicare number.

Just checked and it seems that information is no longer available on MySSA or MyMedicare.

Please tell me it has been moved so the client doesn't have to wait on the Medicare letter to arrive by USPS.

If there is another way to get their number online, I would like to know that. Unless things have changed, Medicare will not divulge that number over the phone.

My social security

Look at the upper right of 4 boxes immediately under the you last signed in notification

For some time I have been telling clients to log into their MySSA and look for the View Benefit Details tab under Benefits & Payments . . .
Click the link and scroll down to Get a Benefit Determination Letter. Click that link and it will open a window with a Benefit Letter. You can save and/or print the letter. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way and will see your Medicare number.

Just checked and it seems that information is no longer available on MySSA or MyMedicare.

Please tell me it has been moved so the client doesn't have to wait on the Medicare letter to arrive by USPS.

If there is another way to get their number online, I would like to know that. Unless things have changed, Medicare will not divulge that number over the phone.

Most of the MAPD carriers will give you the MBI if you give them the SSN plus 2 identifiers. If it's a Med Supp app, just put the SSN in lieu of the MBI. The carrier will look it up and run it through. That might work for an MAPD too, but I just haven't tried it. MAPD has different situations where I just might not want to take that chance.

Most of the MAPD carriers will give you the MBI if you give them the SSN plus 2 identifiers. If it's a Med Supp app, just put the SSN in lieu of the MBI. The carrier will look it up and run it through. That might work for an MAPD too, but I just haven't tried it. MAPD has different situations where I just might not want to take that chance.
For T-65 Med Supp, the carriers say to leave the MIB blank on the app.

For T-65 Med Supp, the carriers say to leave the MIB blank on the app.

Won't work with the e-apps with my carriers. You cannot leave any blank spaces or else you can't advance to the next page or submit an incomplete application.

Won't work with the e-apps with my carriers. You cannot leave any blank spaces or else you can't advance to the next page or submit an incomplete application.
The Aetna e-app will let you leave it blank. I just tried it in the sandbox. Lumico says to enter unknown.

The Aetna e-app will let you leave it blank. I just tried it in the sandbox. Lumico says to enter unknown.

Aetna is almost a last resort carrier for me, but thanks for the tip. Normally only use them for underwritten cases and folks 75 and up.

Aetna is almost a last resort carrier for me, but thanks for the tip. Normally only use them for underwritten cases and folks 75 and up.
I don't use Aetna much, but I use American Financial Security and Capitol Life. Aetna's the TPA and they both use the Aetna e-app. I've left it blank on both of them.

Last edited:
Back