medicare cordination of benefits and ACA

policywunk

Guru
Have a client who T65 this month and went to use her MA plan today and provider could not verify benefits because it showed subsidized ACA was still active and primary. Does this only happen if ACA plan has a subsidy or will this happen with all ACA plans if consumer forgets to terminate plan before medicare kicks in?

HOW THE HECK DOES THE PROVIDER SEE BOTH?

There is no communication between the FFM and Medicare. SBE...maybem but I doubt it.

Once again, the docs office was wrong and you get to clean up their mess.

HOW THE HECK DOES THE PROVIDER SEE BOTH?

There is no communication between the FFM and Medicare. SBE...maybem but I doubt it.

Once again, the docs office was wrong and you get to clean up their mess.

it was actually two different doctor offices when using the availity system to verify benefits that said her aca bcbs was primary . We called Medicare COB department today and they confirmed her MA was primary so i guess this isn't a medicare .COB issue. I just have never seen an ACA plan interfere with a Medicare plan before.

it was actually two different doctor offices when using the availity system to verify benefits that said her aca bcbs was primary . We called Medicare COB department today and they confirmed her MA was primary so i guess this isn't a medicare .COB issue. I just have never seen an ACA plan interfere with a Medicare plan before.

They don't.

Which is a huge issue when people think they got Medicare and its the government, so shouldn't that term the ACA plan they are paying $0 for? Its an ugly fix at tax time.

Back