Medicare ID not available, but needs Part D

123insure1900

Expert
Does anyone know how to go about completing a prescription plan application when there is no MBI available?

I have a client who will have his Medicare Part A and Part B effective 2/1/2023. He was unable to enroll in Medicare via SSA.gov and the first date for a phone appointment is February 15th.

I had no problem completing an application for his supplement, but am unable to complete a prescription plan application without the MBI

Any idea about how to get him a February 1st effective date for his prescription coverage and whether the application can be taken in advance of him receiving an MBI or does he have to wait to get his MBI and then submit an application with a request to have the plan backdate the Part D effective date?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You could try sample card number then fix it late.
Surprised he can't get a phone appt until then.

Does anyone know how to go about completing a prescription plan application when there is no MBI available?

I have a client who will have his Medicare Part A and Part B effective 2/1/2023. He was unable to enroll in Medicare via SSA.gov and the first date for a phone appointment is February 15th.

I had no problem completing an application for his supplement, but am unable to complete a prescription plan application without the

No way a company E-App takes a part d without a valid mbi # . They check for a valid # before allowing enrollment to go threw . Tell him to physically go to his office in early Jan . I know many who do that . Most offices will see him the same day

How can his Part B be effective 2/1/23 when he can’t enroll online and his appointment to enroll is mid-February?

I agree with DonP—go to a local SSA office and get it done there if at all possible.

How can his Part B be effective 2/1/23 when he can’t enroll online and his appointment to enroll is mid-February?

Effective date will be backdated once the application is approved.

Call Medicare at 1-800-772-1213 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.

To sign up, you’ll need a few important documents:
Your birth certificate, or other proof of birth
Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residence (if you weren’t born in the U.S.)
Social Security card if you’re already drawing benefits
Your current health insurance information (including the type of coverage and effective dates of coverage)
Employment information, if applicable (a copy of your W-2 form, for example)
U.S. military discharge papers (if you served in the military before 1968)

To apply for original Medicare by phone, you can call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). Be prepared to wait, though. You may not always get help immediately, especially if other callers are ahead of you. You may want to schedule an appointment for a phone interview at a time that works for you.

Medicare applications submitted over the phone may take longer to process than those submitted online or in person. That’s because you typically have to wait for forms to be mailed to you so you can fill them out and return them. All of this takes time.

Have you done that? I'd hate to try and fix that with Wellcare.
Once with Humana and it worked fine.

Maybe 2 yrs ago or so. It was a last resort sorta thing ie guy lost EGHP and had neither A nor B and needed it all set up fast. It allowed the app to be submitted on time and "fixed" later.

Once with Humana and it worked fine.

Maybe 2 yrs ago or so. It was a last resort sorta thing ie guy lost EGHP and had neither A nor B and needed it all set up fast. It allowed the app to be submitted on time and "fixed" later.

The last yr I don’t think that would work with Humana . Humana and United for that matter run your mbi# before allowing the app the proceed . With United it asks for your United ID # or your Medicare # before even allowing you to start E-App . Since he’s a while away from getting his Medicare card . Do a paper app and put “ pending” for the Medicare info . Maybe the company will keep it pending till you get #

Back