Medicare Marketing Cost for New Agents

Tscholar

Super Genius
Hi, I know some of you don't spend any money on advertising to acquire clients; but for the rest of us, lol, how much would you say a new agent can expect to spend per month on average to acquire new clients?

Hi, I know some of you don't spend any money on advertising to acquire clients; but for the rest of us, lol, how much would you say a new agent can expect to spend per month on average to acquire new clients?

Probably depends on (a) targets and (b) sweat equity.

Depends on the vol you want to do . Depends on how you want to do it .Some people do seminars at library’s and other places . That takes a long time to get that rolling but it’s cheap . For low income some people work food banks or Walmarts .If you want to do direct mail to write 25 a month in the off season will take $5k a month min . If you work t-65 seminars at restaurants that’s at least $7500 a month and it will take you a yr to get to that vol . The cheapest way is telesales with Facebook leads . But you’ll be working a lot of low income with terrible persistency

Minimum $500 per week. $1000 is better. Put in monthly, 2k-4k.

An affordable option is to buy a data list and put in over 64's and cold call them. $50 a month and you can download 50,000 names / numbers. Cheaper way to build experience.
That's how I started with Medicare. Bought a list of ages 67-78 with minimum income filters calling about supplements.

Today I do it a little different. Since MA penetration is higher than it was when I started, I add a HIP and just pivot if they have an advantage plan.

Another good one is aged leads. It takes an average of 7 touches before a lead is ready to buy. Most agents don't have the cojones to call 7 times.

That's how I started with Medicare. Bought a list of ages 67-78 with minimum income filters calling about supplements.

Today I do it a little different. Since MA penetration is higher than it was when I started, I add a HIP and just pivot if they have an advantage plan.

Another good one is aged leads. It takes an average of 7 touches before a lead is ready to buy. Most agents don't have the cojones to call 7 times.
With seniors getting 25 calls a day I’m shocked cold calling still works . How you calling with aged leads with the do not call list ?Wether anyone abides by it aged Facebook or telemarketing leads will be illegal in a few months

With seniors getting 25 calls a day I’m shocked cold calling still works . How you calling with aged leads with the do not call list ?Wether anyone abides by it aged Facebook or telemarketing leads will be illegal in a few months
Seniors are not getting 25 calls a day nor anywhere near that. I am one. I don't get 5 a month.

You have 90 days to call an aged lead if they inquired thru a lead card or website. I never buy aged leads that old.

As far as the new regs, the reputable lead companies will adapt and change. There will always be a way.

Seniors are not getting 25 calls a day nor anywhere near that. I am one. I don't get 5 a month.

You have 90 days to call an aged lead if they inquired thru a lead card or website. I never buy aged leads that old.

As far as the new regs, the reputable lead companies will adapt and change. There will always be a way.
Are you saying DonP exaggerates? Never thought I would see that. 😀

I’ve been in literally 100’s of houses were they show me there phone missed calls and there’s lines and lines of them . I’ve been in 100’s of houses over the yrs were in the hr I’m there the phone rang 10 times .Hell I’ve answered 20-30 of them for them and played along . These aren’t all Medicare of course . Many are fe and other things . These are lower income people so they get hammered harder . But I still stick by what I said . Few people answer calls from unknown people .The new law about to take place says you must have 1 to 1 consent .So that means no more selling any lead a second time no matter if it’s 30 days old or 1 yr . Will lead company’s abide by this . I highly doubt it . Know you can knock on all these doors. So the kead vendor will have a disclosure to protect themselves

Caveat, I am not an agent.

I am a senior with a landline on the DNC.

25 calls a day would be strong, especially after the first of the year.

I'm reasonably sure I've had days, not every day, but some days, over the last 2-4 weeks where I've had 5-6 calls a day from unavailable numbers.

(Nov-Dec last year would have been much higher.)

Back