Medicare site wrong (I know you're shocked)

Two things:

First the CMS website is estimating average annual cost for " people like you " which users can determine in drop down boxes for age and health status. They then calculate average annual cost based how many much this person would utilize benefits as well as co pays and premiums.

Second:

The MA carriers file to CMS for plans and counties they may never be operational in.Always look to the MA carriers website for up to date benefits.Humana is a good example of this.They have chronic illness plans posted on Medicare.gov for Florida but not on Humana - Guidance when you need it most.

You missed it completely. I am speaking specifically of the drug costs. If you run a comparison for prescription plans on the Medicare website, you can also look at what those costs would be in an MAPD or SNP.

You're referencing what the site shows as the 'Estimated Annual Cost for People Like You" section. That's a completely different animal than what I'm speaking of. Why not take some time and do a PDP comparison and list enough meds to get you into the gap? After the list comes up, you'll have the opportunity to check the prescription costs not only of the PDP plans, but with the Medicare Health Plans and Special Needs plans as well.

sman --Thanks for refocusing your original post.

I use the MediWebSite and only go to the carrier WebSite for over-the-counter Rx situations. I figure if I plug the Rx's in correctly and save the CMS results, I've covered my back side.

MediWebSite results are all I need. If they are off, then the client needs to call CMS to complain. Part D is a government program. If the government is giving out wrong information then they need to know about it. That is not my job! Besides, Rx prices and formularies change and I can't project the future!

sman --Thanks for refocusing your original post.

I use the MediWebSite and only go to the carrier WebSite for over-the-counter Rx situations. I figure if I plug the Rx's in correctly and save the CMS results, I've covered my back side.

MediWebSite results are all I need. If they are off, then the client needs to call CMS to complain. Part D is a government program. If the government is giving out wrong information then they need to know about it. That is not my job! Besides, Rx prices and formularies change and I can't project the future!
Brilliant! That's exactly how I feel about it. I tell my clients the information is based upon what Medicare says. That ends the conversation.

If I go to one carrier's website, then I really need to go to most of them. By "blaming" CMS, I don't have to worry.

By the way, I don't save the CMS results. There's a limit to how much CYA crap I'll do.

Rick

Brilliant! That's exactly how I feel about it. I tell my clients the information is based upon what Medicare says. That ends the conversation.

If I go to one carrier's website, then I really need to go to most of them. By "blaming" CMS, I don't have to worry.

By the way, I don't save the CMS results. There's a limit to how much CYA crap I'll do.

Rick

Rick,

You can save the Medicare website comparison without printing anything. When you're inputting everything for the comparison, you are asked if you want to enter a date. If you do this, it will then give you an I.D. I don't know how long it keeps it stored, but I've gone back in and entered this date and I.D. to retrieve old comparisons (2006) and they're still there. Just jot down the date and I.D. and you have it.

Back