Medicare Supplement Persistency - Better Than You Would Think

"The majority (53%) of agents report that the Medigap policies they have sold remain on the books for 9 or more years"

I don't believe that for one minute. :nah:

It was a survey of only 250 agents in the business at least 5 years . It’s bs I don’t believe .

I can vouch those numbers are not bullcheet. Been selling supps for over 10 years, and I have a good 120 policies that over 9 yrs old and are still on books. Maybe lost a dozen due to death or mapd over the years.

"The majority (53%) of agents report that the Medigap policies they have sold remain on the books for 9 or more years"

I don't believe that for one minute. :nah:
If agents are counting clients that they roll from one company to another over the years then I would think it
possible.

What Bill said.

Mine aren’t moving from Medigap to MAPD. Even when they want to discuss “Joe Namath” commercials. I say MD Anderson is out and/or prior authorizations and the conversation is over.

I will say that when I’ve got someone on Blue at 72+ that is still able to get through UW, we discuss moving carriers. It’s enough savings that even assuming the 5 year jump (doubling) in rates and not getting through UW, it’s worth the savings, assuming age 95. 95+? Probably not

Back