Medicare Supplements and Long Term Care Insurance - Combinable??

Yes, you can market Med Supp and cross-sell LTC. You could do it the other way but my belief is marketing for Med Supps would be the best way to do it.

You'll never succeed marketing LTC to the normal FE client.
I was thinking about Baby Boomers and mailings. One could start a prospective customer chain by hunting for T55 clients for LTCi. ?

I was thinking about Baby Boomers and mailings. One could start a prospective customer chain by hunting for T55 clients for LTCi. ?
I think it's been done before. I have talked with a few agents who used to make a living only selling LTC, doing dinner invitations and such. Their feedback is that it's not what it used to be, and the conversation usually turns to them asking me more about how they can break into selling medicare supplements.

I would like to hear more about your thoughts on marketing to the 55 year olds. My understanding is the sales cycle for LTC is longer than MS, meaning from initial contact to presentation, building rapport, diagnosing the problem, presenting a solution, closing and getting paid. Of course the payout is higher too, but you must remember new agents are trying to get money in their pockets so they can keep working. If you do direct mail, and/or a dinner, the costs of marketing up front can be kind of high. How much do you think an agent should budget to spend on marketing, and how much could an agent expect to make?

Back