Medicare Support Center (a CVS initiative)

Received this email from pharmacy.cvs.com today, I'm guessing more because I have an extracare® account than because I'm a broker, & thought I'd just leave the link for everyone's perusal:

Medicare Support Center
A Non-governmental site powered by Carefree,
a health insurance sales agency

Let us introduce ourselves. We’re a group of experienced and licensed insurance agents that believe – Medicare should be easier.....​

That appears to be an AI powered quote engine. About a month ago I was introduced to something similar in the beta phase. That engine, and this one as well, are designed to "filter" and qualify prospects that are fed to participating agents.

I wonder if CVS is partnered with Carefree?
https://carefreeagency.com/

this LinkedIn page seems to clarify the CVS/Carefree business relationship.

Apparently it's more than a partnership.

EDIT: also, I doubt they're really devoting resources to do anything fancy with the quote platform. Looks like an off-the-shelf quote tool -- with Med Sup quote capability stripped out.

EDIT EDIT: looks like Carefree's management team includes an Agent Engagement Manager - I'm eager to find out what they'll share about their proposition for contracting brokers, beyond "free" first-year E&O & AHIP.

Last edited:
Vertical integration . . .

Free standing drug stores have been declining and consolidating. I suspect profits from Rx are not enough to sustain which is why some stores offered modified doc-in-a-box services for a while . . . it seems many of those have been shuttered . . . the box, not the store.

Sundries contribute to the bottom line but they often find themselves competing with grocery stores that also have an in-house pharmacy that also gives vaccinations.

So why not add another profit center peddling insurance. Interesting model . . . online search/research, plan selection "filter designed to promote MAPD, and the ability to schedule an in-store appointment with an agent.

Follow the money . . .

I got a call from Carefree Insurance Services the other day......their caller ID said it was CVS

Back