MedPoint Advantage

I'm getting confused. A medicare beneficiary is already getting most of his diabetic supplies covered by Medicare, and the little left over is either picked up by Medicare Part D or if a SNP the Medicare Advantage Plan, right?

For the underage, they cannot get this unless they are on Medicare, right?

So what is the advantage....

I called. If you sign up today it takes them 2 days to get you appointed, and Thursday they will have a web conf you can join if you're on board.

People must have insurance so they can bill carrier...

I have signed up with them. I will be on the call Thursday as well.

From what I understand, they are a disease management outfit for diabetics. They get a special monitor that will download their reading daily for the company to see. Their doctor can also log onto the web and view these readings.

It costs the client $0 out of pocket for all supplies.

If the client has a supplement, they are already getting their supplies at no cost. If they have a MA plan, they may be paying 80/20 for them.

This is a great back pocket piece when you are out selling other products.

About the call Thursday...

I will be on the call but only for about 20 minutes. I have a seminar I am attending and will need to be off the phone early to do the wrap up.

I would appreciate if I was able to call someone from the board and see what I have missed. I promise I will not tell and cheesy jokes!

PM me if you can help me out.

Thanks!

Made the call today. Very interesting company. They accept in every state, every county and every AGE. Makes no difference how old the client is. The only requirement is that their doctor has told them to monitor their sugar level at least once a day. And have some type of billable insurance. Medicare, Medicade, Private, group, PFFS, HMO, PPO.

I presented the question about MA's having co-pays or deductibles for their supplies...That does not make a difference. They do not charge the co-pay or deductible. No charge at all.

Myself, I have just been diagnosed as diabetic and put on insulin 3 weeks ago. Guess who my first client will be.

You can go into nursing homes, assisted living, etc.

The any age thing is a great deal.

Pays $25 per app, but the whole family may be diabetic and write them all.

I am really excited about this. It is not a supply company for products. They are a diabetic management company. Their doctor can even log on and see what his patients are doing. Wonderful.

Back