Mental Health Care + Medicare Advantage

OM is much easier for me. I'm fortunate to be located in the deep south. Plenty of Bible toting conservatives down here. And they don't like the Feds messing with their health care.

Makes my job a little easier. I give them a choice. The majority choose OM.

And as far as us southerners go, the last time the Feds seriously pissed us off we went out and started a war.

Doesn't the Feds and or CMS control medicare...

As far as pissed off Southerners starting a war. How did that work out?

OM is much easier for me. I'm fortunate to be located in the deep south. Plenty of Bible toting conservatives down here. And they don't like the Feds messing with their health care.

Makes my job a little easier. I give them a choice. The majority choose OM.

And as far as us southerners go, the last time the Feds seriously pissed us off we went out and started a war.

Of course OM is easier than MAPD. I said, med Supp clients. Taking into account PDP.
During AEP my MAPD clients takes less than 5 mins. My PDP clients take 3x time or more

I’ve been through this so many times I’m just done with it. Have had hundreds on MA for many years and never had problems with prior auth or denials. I don’t think I could find a Dr not in Aetna’s network within 150 miles if I tried. Unless it’s totally different in other areas of the U.S it’s just Med Sup agents thinking of anything they can to scare clients out of MA plans. Obviously it’s not working as MA is growing in enrollment year after year. I think by OM not requiring some common sense on what they pay for it’s actually hurting Med Sup companies terribly. Do you think they like paying for the nursing home resident to do every kind of rehab and not even wake up most of the time? Hence the crazy rate increases year after year while MA plans plug along at 0.00 premium and add more benefits every AEP.

Keep pushing your Med Sups, don’t make me any difference. I have shown every client I’ve ever met a Med Sup option. People just choose the Cost Plan or MA for obvious reasons.

I'm done with it too buddy. Also, you can't compare your state to others, as we don't have a Cost Plan option. And, stop trying to accuse agents of "scare tactics". I choose to sell, and NOT to sell certain products, and my clients rely on my ADVICE. That's the beauty of being an independent agent. You continue to be a hand holding "shopper", and you'll be replaced by AI real soon. And you never shared with us what products you choose NOT to sell, and why? And Med supp companies could care less about costs, they make their 5% margin regardless. They care about MA costs, as that impacts the bottom line, hence the MA restrictions.

A carrier must follow the states regs on open enrollment. Never heard of a "special deal" on open enrollment

The higher the income and higher education my clients are the more they go for MAPD.

Most of the T65s ten years ago that insisted on Supps are now insisting on MAPD.

If I get a call and caller wants Sup thats what they get. If I explain supp and MAPD I've yet to have ONE go for Supp. "Why in the WORLD would someone want one of THOSE?"

Just sayin

AZ Blue got a special 6 month exception from the DOI for med supps with no UW, they called it the "UW holiday".

Funny, my wealthy educated clients never ask for an MAPD. In fact, its the opposite. I guess it's just what prospects come your way. Wealthy clients refer wealthy friends.

It IS interesting how different things are regionally. Supp/PDP clients I NEVER hear from. Email them and ask if they want to assess their PDP, send the regular Medicare updates I do----no reply. Ever. And they never initiate contact with me. Only way I know they exist is they are on my commissions statement. If I had done nothing but supps from Day one I literally could travel all year.

They will be much better off paying 2500.00 for a Med Sup and then a crappy drug plan with a 505 deductible and lose all their dental, vision, OTC, gym, etc which easily takes them to paying well over the 3500.00 max OOP on an MA plan.
But at least their Dr doesn’t have to get prior auth for an MRI. Ha.

Dude, they came to me crying, health deteriorating to due health care delays, doctors they needed not in network, etc etc. You're money is useless if dead or too disabled to enjoy that money. I don't get clients calling me with issues, and that makes me sleep at night.

AZ Blue got a special 6 month exception from the DOI for med supps with no UW, they called it the "UW holiday".

Funny, my wealthy educated clients never ask for an MAPD. In fact, its the opposite. I guess it's just what prospects come your way. Wealthy clients refer wealthy friends.

Yeah all the wealthy clients I have get referred from other wealthy people and all ask for MAPD

Dude, they came to me crying, health deteriorating to due health care delays, doctors they needed not in network, etc etc. You're money is useless if dead or too disabled to enjoy that money. I don't get clients calling me with issues, and that makes me sleep at night.

Often times I read these and think "Dang all these agents and they do things almost 180 from me---and their clients act in ways I cant imagine"

But apparently it all works. Im sure CMS desk jockeys that have never had a job thinks every beneficiary is the same and all choices are the same

Back