Metlife Home and Auto or Liberty Mutual?

Well.... If you are looking at moving a few more times, I would see if Met will let you keep the book as you move around. I know LM will not. You loose the book if you move states. As a general rule, LM has a better close ratio and a lot better back office support than Met.

Thanks for the advice InsuranceBear. I have read quite a few things about how difficult Mets claim department can be. I also know they are moving their corporate headquarters to NC and it seems to be causing a lot of confusion.

Thanks for the advice InsuranceBear. I have read quite a few things about how difficult Mets claim department can be. I also know they are moving their corporate headquarters to NC and it seems to be causing a lot of confusion.

Unfortunately Erie is not appointing in NC from what I hear.

I still believe LM would be a great option for you.

Considering that MetLife Home and Auto is dead bottom in JD Power's claims satisfaction ratings, I'd go with Liberty Mutual. Funny enough, Farmers and 21st Century (owned by Farmers) take the next two spots up.

That said, I have a friend who just left LM because they screwed him over. That move was from his district, not corporate, though.

Considering that MetLife Home and Auto is dead bottom in JD Power's claims satisfaction ratings, I'd go with Liberty Mutual. Funny enough, Farmers and 21st Century (owned by Farmers) take the next two spots up. That said, I have a friend who just left LM because they screwed him over. That move was from his district, not corporate, though.
I am an independent and I have met they have done a very good job on claims for my clients in the 2 years I have been offering their products. LM in my area is only available for commercial so I can't comment on that.

Considering that MetLife Home and Auto is dead bottom in JD Power's claims satisfaction ratings, I'd go with Liberty Mutual. Funny enough, Farmers and 21st Century (owned by Farmers) take the next two spots up. That said, I have a friend who just left LM because they screwed him over. That move was from his district, not corporate, though.

I have done liberty as a W2 and the apc Mutual of Omaha contract.... I recommend the MOO contract. It is a really good deal!!!

Our independent agency is in the north Dallas area. We're always looking for good producers. Message me if interested. We sell for MetLife and Safeco.

Back