MLR Update: Agent Commissions Just a "Pass-through" Charge

Of course Barry cancelled he has no time between his Fundraising visits for Dems runnning for Re-Election and his million vacations there is just not enough time especially to meet with an audience that might just be able to ask intelligent pointed questions and want more than Its Bushes fault and yes we can.

So Obama blows-off an important meeting that deals directly with his largest legislature passage but has plenty of time for golf, bball, & vacations???

This guy is truely horrible, the worst ever!!
Stone him!

The way I understand the MLR calculation, health insurer expenditure of received premium dollars can only be classified in two ways:
1. Money Spent on Insureds Healthcare.
2. All other expenditures.

How can agent sales commissions logically be classified as an expense that's on the Insureds Healthcare side of the equation? Perhaps if we were re-classified to some type of therapist-advisor FBO the insureds, our compensation would be a Medical Expense for insurance companies?
:idea:

The way I understand the MLR calculation, health insurer expenditure of received premium dollars can only be classified in two ways:
1. Money Spent on Insureds Healthcare.
2. All other expenditures.

How can agent sales commissions logically be classified as an expense that's on the Insureds Healthcare side of the equation? Perhaps if we were re-classified to some type of therapist-advisor FBO the insureds, our compensation would be a Medical Expense for insurance companies?
:idea:

While it might not be considered healthcare dollars, it could certainly be exempted by law from the calculation to preserve the role of brokers. I doubt that will happen, but I'm holding out hope.

While it might not be considered healthcare dollars, it could certainly be exempted by law from the calculation to preserve the role of brokers. I doubt that will happen, but I'm holding out hope.

It would happen if the folks running today's government weren't so power-hungry and anti-business. Two very bad and dangerous traits in a country based on capitalism. They'd rather pay $9.00 an hour to one of their own government employed "Navigators" and have him/her muddle through an online chat system with potential buyers than to reward professional brokers for giving educated, experience-based advice and guidance.

It would happen if the folks running today's government weren't so power-hungry and anti-business. Two very bad and dangerous traits in a country based on capitalism. They'd rather pay $9.00 an hour to one of their own government employed "Navigators" and have him/her muddle through an online chat system with potential buyers than to reward professional brokers for giving educated, experience-based advice and guidance.

No way that navigators get $9/hour. It will be much more than that, in addition to benefits.

I'll GUARANTEE that.

Back