MM Career Fees and Rent

Every time someone tells you something that you don't want to hear you consider it as 'taking a jab' at you. What happens if no one has the answer you want to hear?

Here is a very direct and perhaps insensitive response to your question:

First, you've made a lot of posts about your situation and they all end which 'what should I do?' and everyone's given you a lot of very good advice over these past months.

Second, you're always looking for greener grass elsewhere which tells me you're not putting 100% into your job but holding back 'just-in-case' somewhere or something else is better. You even admit you're holding back!

Third, for all the time you talk about your prospecting experience I just don't understand how you're not running 10 appointments a week! Something is wrong here, very wrong.

Training #1: Mass Mutual has a very deep Fieldnet with over 300 videos on the life side alone, and on the annuity side another huge set of training materials. You mean to tell me you can't use early mornings or evenings to go through every single one of those to learn the products and selling methods?

Training #2: Mass Mutual keeps printers in business with a huge quantity of marketing materials, including producer guides for every product available which in themselves are excellent training material indys would love to have. You mean you don't find them beneficial for understanding advanced market concepts and how to prospect and sell in those markets?

Training #3: Every Mass Mutual office has some veteran producers who are willing to take new agents under their wing if they do some prospecting and actually do what the agent says. You don't have anyone like that as a mentor?

Training #4: Mass Mutual has the annual Academy sessions for 3-4 days complete with specialty boot camps that cost you all of $100 and a plane ticket, and they put you up at a 4 star hotel, pay all your meals, and give you a ton of education. Did you qualify for that privilege?

Expenses: Office expenses are free at Mass for about 6 months so you can get up to speed, which you clearly have not done. After 6 months usually office expenses kick in (cause most MM office have pretty nice digs) but are offset by production.

But you're not producing, right?

Man-up and face the facts: it doesn't matter where you go because your earnings aren't going to change. It isn't the company, the product line, the pricing, the support, the training.

Its you. You are the problem.

But you are also the solution.

Quit the whining, the self-doubt, the agency-doubt, the product-doubt, the list-doubt, the blah-blah-blah doubt.

Get on the phone and call all day until you get your ten appointments a week. If you don't, it won't matter what anyone in this forum has to say.

You don't put in the real activity that makes anyone in this business successful, regardless of whether they're indy or captive, big name or small, P&C or life or health or series blah-blah.

I've got a friend with very limited circumstances who walked and knocked on 100 doors this past Saturday, 29 people answered the door, one said yes and he sold a $52/month premium final expense.

That's a guy that does what he has to do, mans-up, and made a sale. No excuses. Some weeks he makes 7-8 sales like that. Can you imagine how many doors he's had to knock on every week?

Would you do that on a hot Saturday or would you hang out with your fiance and complain and worry about your company and training? You complain about 12 hour Mondays!

Would you make that many dials in a day? You aren't and you know it because you're not going on appointments.

Even if you make 1,000 calls you'd get 30% on the line and if you said "would you like a quote on term insurance" you'd probably make a bunch of easy sales.

What one says is important, but having the opportunity to say it is most important. You're not selling because you're not seeing people because you're not attempting to make any sort of contact with people, and if you are, it obviously isn't enough attempts.

Meaning, quit hanging out in the forums and pickup the phone and make about 300 dials today.

And stop whining.

:D Thanks for the advice but you should have read my post before since I am NOT with Mass and I am trying to see if it would be a good fit for me. So rather than bust my balls read what I am really looking for.

I appreciate all the advice but PLEASE do not ASSume what you think I am not doing!!!

Oh yeah, that's right. I guess I'm wrong there, except for how this post continually referred to "do you think I can fail at Mass" and all your other 5 months of posts about "Mass" and their WL and various office policies - guess I sort of came to believed you actually worked there.

Nonetheless, I stand by my comments. Its a great company with great products, plenty of available training, and a fair expense structure with plenty of successful agents.

None if it matters if one does not prospect, and you seem to be a very hesitant individual.

Oh yeah, that's right. I guess I'm wrong there, except for how this post continually referred to "do you think I can fail at Mass" and all your other 5 months of posts about "Mass" and their WL and various office policies - guess I sort of came to believed you actually worked there.

Nonetheless, I stand by my comments. Its a great company with great products, plenty of available training, and a fair expense structure with plenty of successful agents.

None if it matters if one does not prospect, and you seem to be a very hesitant individual.

I thank you for your honest opinion and I am only hesitant because I never had to truly prospect, I always worked off a list. Its a new environment for me. Trust me I have to make a move, the only calls I get from people where I am now is to cancel policies and policy loans. I am a service agent paying for service work and not getting appts where I am now.

Larry,

I appreciate you taking out the time to give your advice rather than just taking a jab at me like others... Any productive advice is much appreciated.
I don't have THE answer any more than any of the other posters in this thread. My original post was in response to the post I quoted, which I thought to be unhelpful and off the mark.

The best you can do is be honest with yourself and weigh all your options. Then, make an informed decision. You can't expect a poster here on this board to give you an answer that's going to rock your world. Get the data, then make a decision.

Latest posts

Back