Mortgage Protection for Dummies

Foresters has a couple options/products for MP

Their Advantage Plus II Mortgage Protection is a hybrid of permanent and Term rider

Advantage Plus Mortgage Protection | Foresters Financial

http://marketing.foresters.biz/eapp/pdf/503406_US.pdf

I use mainly their Strong Foundation (SI Term) for MP - with under 40 healthy folks. It does offer Waiver of Premium

http://marketing.foresters.biz/eapp/pdf/503324_US.pdf

As far as I know it doesn’t offer ROP/CBO which could be why you’re not seeing that option on FexQuotes

RoP is a little overrated, imo.

It's expensive, and there's a lot of little nuances that can make the whole thing pointless. If you're really concerned with cash loss, I'd be more inclined to support their participating whole life.

If you invested the difference between RoP and non-RoP in a mutual fund, you'd get a much better return.

You're basically giving the insurance company an interest free loan.

Last edited:

It's expensive, and there's a lot of little nuances that can make the whole thing pointless. If you're really concerned with cash loss, I'd be more inclined to support their participating whole life.

If you invested the difference between RoP and non-RoP in a mutual fund, you'd get a much better return.

You're basically giving the insurance company an interest free loan.

I would disagree. Foresters' participating WL has less guarantees than a Whole Life policy.

ROP - while no where near the deal it was due to pricing. It still has a place. And very sticky.

I have not looked at Foresters in years. Dropped them a long time ago. Not sure I would write enough to keep my contract with them.

Americo. Again, it has been a very long time since I have written the HMS. But they are anything but affordable. 35-F Prd $350,000 30 yr ROP Americo = $134 Assurity = $50. I am guessing Americo has some built-in riders as they were marketed as a MP policy.

Thanks, I will check them out.

If I remember that Assurity quote is for the non-para med correct? How often do they pull para meds after uw reviews submissions?

Pre 2007-2008 I had a company that ran ROP. I think if serves 2 purposes,

1 its a sales took like none other (especially for men)

2 it makes great sense for future SPWL sales in the future. Pay for ROP term now when your young and working... and nothing later.

Best of both worlds for agents and clients. :yes:

I would disagree. Foresters' participating WL has less guarantees than a Whole Life policy.

ROP - while no where near the deal it was due to pricing. It still has a place. And very sticky.

I mean, we can definitely disagree. Opinions are like assholes ;).

RoP does have a place, it's just super narrow.

Yes non med and great for phone sales.
I have not had an exam or APS ordered. That @#%&$<+ Lexus Nexus has gotten me though.

Wino, non-med ... is that a different product?
Or they use Lexis Nexis and you mostly you don't have exams, but sometimes you do?

I see about 1/3 of the time request exams on LN cases (with other companies). Most of the time I know before due to field uw. Sometimes I get surprised, both ways.

Latest posts

Back