Most Forgiving for Mental Issues?

I would call and ask. It is not like Schizophrenia, it should be easier to get approval on this. It all depends on the APS, underwriters mood and so on. MS and HIV positive are much more severe than this disease and they can now get underwritten by some carriers.

You're kind of simplifying and generalizing with the comparisons to MS and HIV. MS can be dormant for years or decades with or without treatment (and it can be argued the larger risk with MS is suicide). And HIV is only recently become an issue insurers are comfortable addressing because it has enough track record that we can try to frame some mortality.

Saying this is simply a personality disorder doesn't take in that there are schizophrenic features. Personality disorders are already murky enough to underwrite without throwing in major features. The reason issues like bipolar get hard to place isn't the episodes they experience; it's the 200-250% higher suicide rate compared to the normsl population. In schizophrenia suffers the attempts are put at around 40%, younger people with it are around 50% (about 400% higher). Even if it's in the conversation it's not something to be taken lightly.

The main two personality disorders I'm familiar with are Narcissistic and Borderline. There are simply certain traits, but not necessarily medications for them.

It's the medications that throw me for a loop on this thread. I wonder if you can get a "pre-screen" done before doing an official application?

The main two personality disorders I'm familiar with are Narcissistic and Borderline. There are simply certain traits, but not necessarily medications for them.

It's the medications that throw me for a loop on this thread. I wonder if you can get a "pre-screen" done before doing an official application?

What are the meds? That's one place a lot of psych histories can go wrong; when the meds don't make sense for what's described.

natural minerals work. crushed rock inorganic minerals do not and bipolar conditions are nothing more than a mineral deficiency that cannot be solved by a product that is sold for fixing it because the idiots in the pharmaceutical industry cannot make a mineral product that work with any of the minerals they sell. I know the company that has developed the tech to mfg vitamins and minerals that connect a chain of proteins and other elements required to trick our body into using vitamins and minerals like they would if we got that vitamin or mineral from a plant such as a fruit vegetable herb or grain. Markers in the protein structure act as a zip code to tell the body were to send the nutrient as well as telling the cell it is okay to assimilate the nutrient if there is not marker attached like in 99.9% of all vitamin and mineral products being sold then there is no cellular assimilation of that unaltered product now the flora in our gut will process a small part of that product and that will be able to get assimilated but it is a miniscule amount at best. Polluting your blood stream with unusable nutrients being sold as vitamins and minerals is just plain dangerous. A lot of minerals end up in stones and arterial plaque that we know of imagine where else it ends up and causes harm.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder should be much easier to underwrite. They are not suicidal. We are talking about people who asocial, have weird habits and some paranoid odd behaviour. Bipolar or Schizophrenia are much more severe, if they go off meds, they can be suicidal, there is also no cure. Borderline or Narcistic can get better if they cooperate over time. Schizotypal Personality Disorder is not always treated by meds. They may try DPT or group therapy. They generally don’t like to trust others so it is hard to give them meds in the first place. It is a good sign if they are on meds as it shows some trust.
I had one of them underwritten at John hancock years ago. She was normal for most things, except she believed that the fire department was trying to gas her to death at night. Most people who have this condition can hold jobs and live a decent life. Therefore it should be OK to underwrite. The hardest issue with this disorder is that if they get sick, they are unable to trust doctors advice so a simple cut can go untreated. If the APS is full of refuses treatment, then they can’t underwrite him.

Back