Moving from NY to FLA

PhxSunsFan

Guru
helping a friend choose a gap plan, will intro her to a ny agent if needed..
t 65 3/18/59 female smoker
ny 11721
fla 33427
ny shows aarp 281.00 for a g and 215 for an n plan

fla shows 212 for a g smoker and 154.00 for an N smoker

If she plans to move to fla in the year.. will the plans auto reduce her rate? would it depend on the carrier ?
in ny aarp is lowest.. in fla united world is lowest.
she has friends and family in fla rn where she can receive mail., get a lease etc. .. thoughts? thanks

when moving to a different state , for medigap.. is it GI and no underwriting if choosing a different carrier??

No GI on a Med Supp for moving to a different state (that's MA).

She'll have 6 months after she gets Part B where she can get any policy with any company doing business in Florida with no UW(GI).

If you're not licensed in Florida, pass it off to Chazm on the Forum.

"If she plans to move to fla in the year.. will the plans auto reduce her rate? would it depend on the carrier ?"

YES it depends on the carrier. Aetna (written as Aetna) currently will not update rates to the new zip and I'll specifically ask if someone is moving to FLA from my area when they apply for supplement.

UHC (the older version) will update rates for better or worse upon address change. New UHICA does not have those same rules from what I recall.

I've never personally heard that a carrier can drop you if you move to a new state. That seems punitive. I know the local BCBS carrier only writes in one state but definitely doesn't alter rates if you move out of the state. How would they even develop pricing for that?

Back