My 2 Cents

The Florida Blue info is from a Blue meeting with their senior U65 management and my agency senior management-I've heard it at 3 different meetings so am comfortable with it.
Sounds like you assume they are telling you the truth. Dangerous assumption to make...whether you're "comfortable" with it or not...

Sounds like you assume they are telling you the truth. Dangerous assumption to make...whether you're "comfortable" with it or not...

I have 5 years of experience with Blue through my agency and know what to believe and what not to think is real.

It's also not dangerous for me at all because I have a solid book of business that isn't all U65 health or in Florida.

The exchange business could go completely away and it wouldn't change my life or my income, I've already made those adjustments but it would be nice to get paid for Obamacare as well.

Last edited:
your very welcome... let me know if I can be of greater assistance

That would be great-should I get out of the insurance business now or wait until one of those skeletons attacks, I just don't know how I've made a living with all of them hiding there.

17 years with Florida Blue and things haven't always turned out like they have said. I won't hold my breath for this one, retail stores were suppose to be service centers, whoops they lied. But we all figured they were since retail means to sell.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh an another thing you might want to consider before putting commissions out there for Florida Blue, not all contracted agency's pay renewals to their agents.

Last edited:
17 years with Florida Blue and things haven't always turned out like they have said. I won't hold my breath for this one, retail stores were suppose to be service centers, whoops they lied. But we all figured they were since retail means to sell.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh an another thing you might want to consider before putting commissions out there for Florida Blue, not all contracted agency's pay renewals to their agents.

All I did was post what I've been told with some caveats, if you disagree that is fine.

None of this really matters, it will be official when it is official and nothing I've said claims that this is cast in stone.

As for renewals, I don't care what some contracted agencies do or don't do, that is between them and their agents. I'm not a Blue employee, why do I need to filter what I've heard and chosen to share with the forum because of them?

I take this open enrollment period for what it is-a potential chance to make up some of the compensation lost over the past 3 years and maintain my book of U65 business through the transition-if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, it just means I continue to focus on the other parts of my business (Medicare, Life and Ancillary products). Isn't that what every knowledgeable, experienced agent has done since March, 2010?

Last edited:
Back