My Guide on How to Buy Aged Domains

YouGotMyMoney

Guru
5000 Post Club
I've mentioned on other threads about buying aged domains vs registering brand new domains and starting from scratch. So I decided to do some videos on how I evaluate them.

Here u go.

Last edited by a moderator:
The very best thing that can happen is you find an aged domain that ALREADY had a relevant site on it, and was documented inside archive.org or something similar to their waybackmachine.

Then if you can copy part of that content to the new page, it will likely be picked up with it's old pagerank right where it left off, then you can make changes after it's been picked back up and indexed in google again.

Yes, it's a dirty manipulative trick. But it does work.

Brook that is very true. Good tip. Also put privacy protection on the domain too if your gonna do that.

expertsrs.com for the privacy. You can reg a domain there with privacy for 9 bucks, compared to godaddy charging like 25, but it has to be a true expired open domain, can't be under the godaddy hold still.

It's cheaper to reg a domain at godaddy without privacy, then transfer registrar to expertsrs.com, and extend a year and enable privacy there than it is to buy privacy on the domain via godaddy.

In my experience, it doesn't matter how many times the domain has dropped. The most relevant factor is backlinks. It could have been registered last year, but if it has quality backlinks, it will do better than a domain from 1999 with no backlinks. This is my experience buying, selling and developing domains for the last 4 years.

Back