National General

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
Recently picked up an appointment with them.

Any experience with them? I heard a few of you say you like them better then say Progressive?

Also they advertise their home product however I'm pretty sure they don't have home yet, right?

For me...they beat Progressive just about every single time (commercial and personal.) From a standpoint of pricing & the gaps they fill....I love them.

That being said they're absolutely horrible to do business w/. You CAN'T speak to an underwriter & there's no point in calling down for anything because all their people are idiots. If you're getting an error on their system..give up and move on.

They'll have some requirements for documentation on proof of prior, years licensed & there's literally no way to get it to them. I've uploaded dec pages for prior insurance & they just DO NOT process it but will change the premiums. You CAN'T get answers from them...so in that regard they suck.

They WILL do everything they can do deny claims so make sure you're 100% accurate on apps & notate everything. If you understand where they fall short...they should be great. They pay well too.

They acquired Tower's personal lines & our rep (who's brand new to the company but very experienced..) said they'll eventually be opening that line up to agents. In the meantime I'm not sure if they farm it out or what...but (of course..) my request for information on that doesn't get answered.

That sounds frustrating...yet they are HUGE in NC, which is just 20 miles away from here and ive been considering getting a nonresident license. Been seeing them pop up here in sc as well...are the picky about appointments or easy to get access to?

Recently picked up an appointment with them. Any experience with them? I heard a few of you say you like them better then say Progressive? Also they advertise their home product however I'm pretty sure they don't have home yet, right?

They recently purchased Imperial Fire for HO3's and Dwellings. I think they are currently only in Texas & Louisiana.

Aren't they just Tower with a new name? Tower's system hasn't even changed to say National General. Good luck getting through to anybody to get any type of meaningful response. I actually had an underwriter return my call once, 3 weeks later....

Aren't they just Tower with a new name? Tower's system hasn't even changed to say National General. Good luck getting through to anybody to get any type of meaningful response. I actually had an underwriter return my call once, 3 weeks later....

I met w/ a territory rep yesterday & was told they were GMAC. After they were sold, the new owners took them back to their old/ original name.

That sounds frustrating...yet they are HUGE in NC, which is just 20 miles away from here and ive been considering getting a nonresident license. Been seeing them pop up here in sc as well...are the picky about appointments or easy to get access to?

They suck in SC. In 3 years I have 6 clients with them. Progressive, grange, Bristol west, travelers, Safeco, Allied. All beat them.

They are GMAC rebranded.

They have pulled in and out of CO, TX, and other states multiple times. They did buy Tower and Imperial.

It will be interesting. To see what is next for National General.

Back