Need a Part D? Ask Your Pharmacist

PhxSunsFan

Guru
I never bother with D plans. By referrring people to their pharmacist to help them pick the correct plan that covers their particilar meds. is this ok to do? meaning do pharmacists help with things like this?

..... meaning do pharmacists help with things like this?

The pharmacist will place the Part D with what is best for their pharmacy, not what is best for the Medicare beneficiary.
Call me collect if a pharmacist at Walgreens, or, CVS, ever recommends Humana Walmart.

The pharmacist will place the Part D with what is best for their pharmacy, not what is best for the Medicare beneficiary.
Call me collect if a pharmacist at Walgreens, or, CVS, ever recommends Humana Walmart.

Ditto.............................................................................

----------

I never bother with D plans. By referrring people to their pharmacist to help them pick the correct plan that covers their particilar meds. is this ok to do? meaning do pharmacists help with things like this?

What DS4 says is right. A consumer will never get great advice that way.

If a person goes to a pharmacy to ask about plan D, you would think that is the pharmacy they are going to use.. So pharmacists recommending what is best for the pharmacy will also be recommending what is best for the consumer.

I have built a relationship with a pharmacy in my area. I just received notice from my Plan D that my pharmacy is being dropped as a preferred pharmacy. I will change Plan D. I couldn't care less what they pay at Walmart or elsewhere.

100% correct. If I ever asked the seniors to go to a store it was only for a Part D review when Walgreens did it and showed all the plans. By me they do not do that now.

If they want to keep their current pharmacy send them to the pharmacist. If they want the cheapest plan that covers what they need they need to go to someone else. Why would a pharmacy take time to tell a consumer that a plan that has to be filled elsewhere is the best deal.

A typical scenario would be a senior going into a pharmacy for help. Many seniors only have only tier 1 & tier 2 meds. The Humana Walmart plan will clearly be the plan I would recommend.
Why? With tier 1 & tier 2, if using the mail order, 1) no deductible, and, 2) $0 copay!
Does anyone think that a non Walmart retail pharmacy will tell the senior, "You should really sign up for the Humana Walmart plan and use the mail order option through Right Source".

Does anyone think that a non Walmart retail pharmacy will tell the senior, "You should really sign up for the Humana Walmart plan and use the mail order option through Right Source".

I completely believe that. Along with Obama being the greatest president in our history and the Yugo was the best car ever built.

Rick

The pharmacist will place the Part D with what is best for their pharmacy, not what is best for the Medicare beneficiary. Call me collect if a pharmacist at Walgreens, or, CVS, ever recommends Humana Walmart.

You are thinking of Part D not Plan D.

And you are better off just helping them through Medicare.gov. They will get better assistance and you will be positioned as the expert not someone else you have no control over. Just takes a few minutes.

----------

You are thinking of Part D not Plan D. And you are better off just helping them through Medicare.gov. They will get better assistance and you will be positioned as the expert not someone else you have no control over. Just takes a few minutes.

Opps Replied to the wrong person.

Back