Need Advice on Issue with Humana PDP

How bad is it if he goes 1 month without coverage?

It happened with one of my clients a few years ago. Humana made a mistake and he missed 1 month of drug coverage. He got a LATE ENROLLMENT PENALTY added on to his monthly premium and the penalty is for life!

My client was very upset and I worked with my FMO and Humana and finally got it corrected so he had coverage and no penalty. It took Humana about 1 month to get it fixed.

Update:
Both client and I spoke with some people in the Billing and Enrollment department and they agreed the about the error and appear to be working at correcting it. I called in today to double check and the CSR said it's in process and to call back Monday to verify. So if it happens to you, don't call customer service, but call Billing and Enrollment.

It happened with one of my clients a few years ago. Humana made a mistake and he missed 1 month of drug coverage. He got a LATE ENROLLMENT PENALTY added on to his monthly premium and the penalty is for life!

My client was very upset and I worked with my FMO and Humana and finally got it corrected so he had coverage and no penalty. It took Humana about 1 month to get it fixed.

That $.31/month adds up!:D

Not so much the 31 cents, but the client will almost always blame the agent even if it's the carrier's fault. They may say "Yeah, I get it." but it will stick in their head that something the agent was affiliated with didn't work out exactly as planned.

Back