Need Health Insurance Policy for 26 YO Male in Good Health

Just a guess, but probably that it's twice as expensive as a policy that will get him what he wants...

I'm not going to disagree with you there, but I think that would fall under the category of "that's more than I want to be spending" vs "that sounds too complicated".

Props to the agent for trying to bundle that much extra product on it, but I can see why the OP doesn't want it.

timamr, thanks. I did get your PM and tried to reply but couldn't because I don't have enough posts yet. The product you mentioned wasn't something I'd be interested in but thank you for responding.

No big deal. Thanks for your reply as well. I hope you find what you are looking for.

In California, the insurance rates are regulated and filed with the Dept of Insurance. Thus, a broker will be able to get you the same rate and provide quotes and plans from a number of different carriers.

I would find an online website that can give you health insurance quotes or contact a local health insurance broker.

Good luck.

In California, the insurance rates are regulated and filed with the Dept of Insurance. Thus, a broker will be able to get you the same rate and provide quotes and plans from a number of different carriers.
John, the OP stated (quite clearly) that he is in South Florida.
If not, I have an alternative healthcare plan that includes health/dental coverage for less than $150/month.
"Alternative healthcare plan" usually translates into "not real insurance". Run away!

Thanks, but he got a conversion policy with no exclusions. It wasn't cheap but we felt it was the best alternative for him.

Cool deal! So do tell us about the plan he took out? I am curious, and I am sure the rest of the bunch is as well.

Back