Need LOTS More Med Supp Leads Post-AEP

I hope you have 3 yrs income in the bank. Med Supp commissions are "as earned" meaning you get @ $30 commission per month if you have a good contract. At least they do here in Calif with Anthem, Blue Shield and Health Net. Figure out how many policies you have to sell at $30 per month to pay the bills. Make sure you add in the direct mail cost. Final Expense has 9 month advances on commissions.
Most med supp carriers offer a 12 month advance. The ones you refer to are exceptions, not the rule.

I hope you have 3 yrs income in the bank. Med Supp commissions are "as earned" meaning you get @ $30 commission per month if you have a good contract. At least they do here in Calif with Anthem, Blue Shield and Health Net. Figure out how many policies you have to sell at $30 per month to pay the bills. Make sure you add in the direct mail cost. Final Expense has 9 month advances on commissions.

I would always recommend to all agents to take advances on their Medicare supplement commissions to help pay for leads.

Charge backs are so rare in most situations it's a no-brainer.

Despite the incorrect post by another CA agent, you can indeed get advanced on most carriers, including the three he said were only as-earned.

The answer to more leads is exactly what I've been doing for about 18 months. I've hired a telemarketer who generates leads for me. Of course having a good list helps.

Rick

I hope you have 3 yrs income in the bank. Med Supp commissions are "as earned" meaning you get @ $30 commission per month if you have a good contract. At least they do here in Calif with Anthem, Blue Shield and Health Net.

Figure out how many policies you have to sell at $30 per month to pay the bills.
Make sure you add in the direct mail cost.

Final Expense has 9 month advances on commissions.

Things must be different where you are. Most Med Supps advance 12 months, I have a couple that only advance 9 months. The only one I have that's as earned is BCBS.

Things must be different where you are. Most Med Supps advance 12 months, I have a couple that only advance 9 months. The only one I have that's as earned is BCBS.

Philly Am makes you go as earned (if you contract direct) until you write 5. Then they'll give you 6 months. 9 months after 10 and I think one year after 25.

Not sure if it's the same with an imo??

Philly Am makes you go as earned (if you contract direct) until you write 5. Then they'll give you 6 months. 9 months after 10 and I think one year after 25.

You can get 6 or 9 months immediately with an IMO. No point doing that though. Their biggest IMO'S only have 2pts over street, and getting more than street is almost impossible.

Yep, it's different through an FMO. I'm getting a 9 month advance. I guess that's something an FMO can do for you. I didn't even realize you could go direct with them, or I would've.

Latest posts

Back