New AARP Medigap Stuff Indicates Possible Change

Illinois is $300 for Plan F...$275 for Plan G.

----------

Looks like UHC knows they're your best, and one of the few options you have and they're taking advantage of it. :yes:

Illinois is $300 for Plan F...$275 for Plan G.

----------

Looks like UHC knows they're your best, and one of the few options you have and they're taking advantage of it. :yes:

I saved a guy near $100 per month on Plan F taking him off AARP, Before he signed with me he insisted on calling the girl that sold him the AARP plan "out of respect" to see what she had to say why AARP was so much more

He calls me back and told me she said it is because AARP is the Cadillac of all supplement plans, He pressed her for any details on what that means, She had nothing to say, Than he called me back and signed

Not really. Most competitive plans in FL pay around the same.

IMO they pay the best in Fl because just about every case I write persist for more than 6 years. In the 10 years I have been writing them I haven't once had to worry about significant rate increases.Time is money.

IMO they pay the best in Fl because just about every case I write persist for more than 6 years. In the 10 years I have been writing them I haven't once had to worry about significant rate increases.Time is money.

I would have to agree with you, not only for Med Supps but for MAPD as well.

When you write a UHC Med Supp in Florida you know that there is a stream of 6 x $242 for that client virtually guaranteed (I haven't had one drop off since I started writing for them 5 years ago).

I know there are places around the country where UHC isn't competitive but they can't be beat in Florida and dominate the market, something that has been stated here many, many times by a number of agents.

In FL and NY there is not any competition for AARP, There are a couple other states where they are competitive NJ, MI,CA come to mind, but for many other states they are way over priced but still do well because of the name and easy underwriting, in these states its not uncommon to see people paying $100 to much for the Supplement

I thought that UHC was the best price in Florida for an independent agent. I didn't know they had any competition other than BCBS, which is captive there.

Do all companies pay lower commissions in Florida?

----------

In FL and NY there is not any competition for AARP, There are a couple other states where they are competitive NJ, MI,CA come to mind, but for many other states they are way over priced but still do well because of the name and easy underwriting, in these states its not uncommon to see people paying $100 to much for the Supplement

They're not competitive here at all. I just picked them up because of their UW. I don't expect to write many of them.:no:

I thought that UHC was the best price in Florida for an independent agent. I didn't know they had any competition other than BCBS, which is captive there.

Do all companies pay lower commissions in Florida?

----------

They're not competitive here at all. I just picked them up because of their UW. I don't expect to write many of them.:no:

I have many AARP Supp clients in NY,FL MI & CA but I haven't market these states in the last 2 years, except for referral's

in NC, SC, IN, IL , TX together I think I have 15 or so AARP Supp clients together over the last 4 years,

Now with cigna new low rates for preferred Many times when leval 2 premium's are needed there is a spouse that is healthy in combo with discount Cigna works out better one spouse preferred the other substandard with HH discount,

The exception is if the unhealthy person is within 3 years of part B effective
Then its AARP all the way

I have many AARP Supp clients in NY,FL MI & CA but I haven't market these states in the last 2 years, except for referral's

in NC, SC, IN, IL , TX together I think I have 15 or so AARP Supp clients together over the last 4 years,

Now with cigna new low rates for preferred Many times when leval 2 premium's are needed there is a spouse that is healthy in combo with discount Cigna works out better one spouse preferred the other substandard with HH discount,

The exception is if the unhealthy person is within 3 years of part B effective
Then its AARP all the way

I've always got BCBS to fall back on because they're GI...but they only pay 10%. I thought I might be able to put a few with AARP instead.

I've always got BCBS to fall back on because they're GI...but they only pay 10%. I thought I might be able to put a few with AARP instead.

in Ill AARP only makes sense when someone is within 3 years of part B Then they don't have to answer level 2 premium questions,

If not within the 3 year mark then bc is better in many cases, They have easy online app too

Back