New agent needing appointments

viptax1040

Hello All,

I am a new p&c agent no previous experience who woke up one day and decided to start an agency! lol (previous experience is in life/health) I have one appointment (not direct) that allows me to write but the policies are not low cost enough for my market and current demographics. I am seeking advice on where to get an appointment with a low cost non standard auto carrier. This is going to be vital to the success of my business.

Open to all suggestions.

Thanks,

Denise

Hello All,

I am a new p&c agent no previous experience who woke up one day and decided to start an agency! lol (previous experience is in life/health) I have one appointment (not direct) that allows me to write but the policies are not low cost enough for my market and current demographics. I am seeking advice on where to get an appointment with a low cost non standard auto carrier. This is going to be vital to the success of my business.

Open to all suggestions.

Thanks,

Denise

Hello Denise,

What state are you working in? Why are you choosing to write non-standard auto. Non-standard auto brings a lot of headaches. Good luck with that.

I am in the state of texas. I am not necessarily choosing nonstandard. For a better choice of words, I am in a lower income neighborhood and need lower cost solutions to offer. :)

For nonstandard in texas I would suggest appointments with ACCC and dairyland, and Hallmark. Nonstandard carriers are usually very easy to get appointed with.

hii. i am new agent in this line ...I am in a lower income neighborhood and need lower cost solutions to offer. plz contact me

My agent started with only Progressive and Foremost (formerly Bristol West, subsidiary of Farmer's). We wrote a lot of stuff through both until Foremost was targeted by fraudsters through PIP coverage but they have relaxed and opened up a bit. That was a bit of a unique problem we faced and still face in Florida.

Back