New forum is launched

Just noticed while you edit most of your posts, if you start a thread the icon to edit the first post is not displayed. Is there a reason for that?

Just noticed while you edit most of your posts, if you start a thread the icon to edit the first post is not displayed. Is there a reason for that?

Yes, that is because while first post is a part of a thread, it is the most important piece of information, because the rest of thread is built from the first post.

You can get a rubberized page turner like this separately.

Amazon product ASIN B00JKQKB9K
71XUQM7pP5L._SL1500_.jpg

That is just off the charts cool! What amazing technology will they come up with next? Self driving cars? Nah, not in our lifetime!

The "new posts" alert is odd. I have the forum bookmarked (of course). But when I first arrive, it shows "0" new posts. I have to arrive and then reload the forum to see how many new posts there are.

Any way to fix that so when I get to the forum, it will actually show the new posts?

The "new posts" alert is odd. I have the forum bookmarked (of course). But when I first arrive, it shows "0" new posts. I have to arrive and then reload the forum to see how many new posts there are.

Don't fall for it. It's a trap!

Any way to fix that so when I get to the forum, it will actually show the new posts?

That's a caching issue, that I still didn't figure out why it happens. But if you refresh teh page, then the number of Unread Posts will show up.

Val.

Where are the forum rules posted? I wanted to illustrate a point regarding promoting one's self was against forum rules, but I couldn't find them.

Could you make it a sticky in every sub-forum for easy reference - particularly for new users?

The rules are provided on a "need to know" basis and the forum has decided you don't need to know . . .

Reactions: DHK
The issue with Grammarly has become even worse than it was originally. It seemed to get better for a short while, and then suddenly became MUCH worse over the past week or so.

It is almost impossible to type a sentence if Grammarly flags a word and you attempt to backspace. Ive passed on making posts so many times because of this issue. Not worth the hassle... and no way Im going to use a different browser just for a single site.

Back