New member looking for advice

Meyerbeck

Hello,
I was in mortgages for 15 years and did well as a loan officer assistant for some heavy hitters. I did all the 'grunt' work and worked on a lot of complex transactions. That dried up very fast with the rise in rates.

I am looking into getting licensed in Florida for health or P&C personal. Everybody is saying go the health route but that kind of bothers me as to me it sounds like too many are wanting to do it. My goal is to have steady employment and being in mortgages I got way too much 'pie in the sky' speeches over the years.

Any suggestions on which course to take? I have the credit card ready to buy a course. I have my NMLS and in the past was Cisco and Microsoft certified and know the tests are hard and you have to be ready.

thanks!

Dean

Everybody is saying go the health route but that kind of bothers me as to me it sounds like too many are wanting to do it. My goal is to have steady employment and being in mortgages I got way too much 'pie in the sky' speeches over the years.

This is a business decision... unless you're going to work for someone else with a salary.

That being said, health insurance (including medicare supplements) can be some of the most straightforward ways of helping people. Commissions tend to be consistent each month and each year as people pay their premiums and keep/upgrade their coverage with you year to year.

This video primarily focuses on the various niche markets available with a life & health license... and perhaps some securities licenses. P&C can be blended into all of it.

This video is for after you pass any initial 'assessments' so you can ask them questions. Because, more the likely, YOU have more at risk than they do:

I was in mortgages for 15 years

Everybody is saying go the health route but that kind of bothers me as to me it sounds like too many are wanting to do it.

It sounds to me like you've been sold on the idea that health insurance is the stable/safe route, but your heart is pushing you towards P&C. Your background is also probably more applicable in P&C. You can see why all of those insurance agents you dealt with over the years were such a pain in the butt lol.

Let's assume neither route is stable (As stability in the world is often a myth we sell ourselves). Which route could you see yourself finding more interest and fulfillment in?

There are SO many jobs in both the health and P&C realm. Are you wanting to make commission, salary, hourly? What kind of income are you wanting to make and what are you willing to sacrifice to get there?

I agree with A13x, follow your heart. But also remember, boomers are retiring every day, and health for the elderly (aka Medicare) DHK nails it! It is a large ecosystem, with lots of places to shine.

I am looking into getting licensed in Florida for health or P&C personal.

I would speak with a bunch of independent agents in Fl before I even considered it in that state right now. To say its a mess down there would be a massive understatement.

If you do not believe me - Ask yourself this fundamental question - What P&C insurance, exactly will I sell in Florida? What lines of business, to whom, and.... with which insurers? Read the underwriting requirements [if you can even find one] for some of these insurers.

Best of Luck

It sounds to me like you've been sold on the idea that health insurance is the stable/safe route, but your heart is pushing you towards P&C. Your background is also probably more applicable in P&C. You can see why all of those insurance agents you dealt with over the years were such a pain in the butt lol.

Let's assume neither route is stable (As stability in the world is often a myth we sell ourselves). Which route could you see yourself finding more interest and fulfillment in?

There are SO many jobs in both the health and P&C realm. Are you wanting to make commission, salary, hourly? What kind of income are you wanting to make and what are you willing to sacrifice to get there?

I am looking for W2 income with a chance of a bonus/commission. I don't want any 100% commission jobs.

Thanks all. I searched for jobs and the P&C was more to my liking so I am going to get started.

I would look for an account manager position in an agency if you want salary with possibility of bonus/commission. Claims adjuster could also be a fit, or an underwriter working directly for the insurance company.

Back