New P&C Agent

Kruel

I have been a Licensed Financial Advisor since 1997 and would like to offer my clients P&C and Auto insurance. Is there a broker I can use that will let me offer a wide range of carriers? Do I need a broker?

I have been a Licensed Financial Advisor since 1997 and would like to offer my clients P&C and Auto insurance. Is there a broker I can use that will let me offer a wide range of carriers? Do I need a broker?
I think when the OP says "broker" what they mean is a cluster or wholesaler.

We'll learn more when (and if) they respond.

Do you have a P&C license in your state?
What State are you in?
Are you looking to refer these out or write it yourself?
I am studying to take the P&C Exam within the next two weeks. I live in Texas. I have about 10 homes to insure at present. I might consider a referral fee vs commission until I get up and running.

You may be able to check out a local aggregator, or Cluster of agents to get P&C contracts. Make sure the group you join allows you to be Agent of Record on the Biz you produce.

SIAA, USI, Keystone are some national aggregators to consider. Might have better luck searching for local aggregator networks.

I am studying to take the P&C Exam within the next two weeks. I live in Texas. I have about 10 homes to insure at present. I might consider a referral fee vs commission until I get up and running.
Thank you. Well good luck. You may want to work for a short period of time at an Indy agency to understand the operations.

Its a pretty tough and rough time to get into P&C at a national level -right now. Im not a texas guy - but my best guess is that its about to get a whole lot more complicated in that state for home insurance very very very soon.

You can certainly work with an aggregator. Ask about who owns the book of business and how long does it take to bind policies.

Back