New Pacemaker Implanted 3 Weeks Ago. F,NT,66.

Tell us how the claim process goes if he dies within 2 yrs.According to the threads I've seen Uhl as a horrid reputation of paying contestable claims

United Home Life will take this case at their best rate on a level plan so long as there isn't anything else going on. I just got one approved where the guy had his pacemaker implanted (not a battery change) 3 weeks prior and they were happy to have him. They are also ok with a defib implant also.

You must of got lucky as I have several recorded conversation with their underwriting dept saying if a new procedure involving a pacemaker will be graded at best

Not trying to rain on the parade but this is coming from uhl

They are pretty screwed up so perhaps different info is going to different agent's

United Home Life will take this case at their best rate on a level plan so long as there isn't anything else going on. I just got one approved where the guy had his pacemaker implanted (not a battery change) 3 weeks prior and they were happy to have him. They are also ok with a defib implant also.

Really ?

Part B EI Deluxe

A. In the past 2 years

Question D:

Had surgery for any heart disorder (including angioplasty) or Circulatory Disorder (except varicose veins)

Spoke with an UW and new pacemaker meads graded. The pacemaker is treating Afib.

This also applies to question C.

I'm in Va. maybe different in your state ?

Really ?

Part B EI Deluxe

A. In the past 2 years

Question D:

Had surgery for any heart disorder (including angioplasty) or Circulatory Disorder (except varicose veins)

Spoke with an UW and new pacemaker meads graded. The pacemaker is treating Afib.

This also applies to question C.

I'm in Va. maybe different in your state ?

Who knows? I'm in Florida but I don't think they change UW by state. I distinctly river a call with one of their interviewers (not an underwriter) where they were telling me that this is one of their sweet spots over other carriers. I guess the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Who knows? I'm in Florida but I don't think they change UW by state. I distinctly river a call with one of their interviewers (not an underwriter) where they were telling me that this is one of their sweet spots over other carriers. I guess the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

so how did your client answer that question above did he simply say no to that medical question?

A little misleading their UW guide says that (defibrillator/pacemaker insert is NOT considered heart surgery) but then they turn around and say that the PI does not qualify because the pacemaker is used to treat a heart disorder. :no:

Back