New Quoting Website Launched - Advice/Feedback Wanted

A website that we currently have analytics to is ranked 12th (on page 2). The majority of their traffic comes from Google. Thus, I don't think you have to be on Page 1. This month they have 800 vists - all organic from google, yahoo, and bing. Their application rate is about 3%.

You don't have to be, but it makes a huge difference. The difference between page 1 and page 2 is a big deal. Heck, bottom of page 1 vs middle of page 1 makes a major difference.

You don't have to be, but it makes a huge difference. The difference between page 1 and page 2 is a big deal. Heck, bottom of page 1 vs middle of page 1 makes a major difference.

I 100% agree with you on that. My point was that I think you can still get in a decent amount of leads even if you're on page 2. Yes page 1 is always better and makes a difference, 100% agreed.

As mentioned earlier, I'll see how everything goes and post progress on this thread for everyone. Hopefully I can provide input and help those who are thinking of making/pushing their insurance site.

I 100% agree with you on that. My point was that I think you can still get in a decent amount of leads even if you're on page 2. Yes page 1 is always better and makes a difference, 100% agreed.

As mentioned earlier, I'll see how everything goes and post progress on this thread for everyone. Hopefully I can provide input and help those who are thinking of making/pushing their insurance site.

One other thing you might want to do is have no text show up for the images. As you mouse over the main image it says "banner" and the logo says "logo."

A website that we currently have analytics to is ranked 12th (on page 2).

How often do you follow your own searches to the bottom of page 1, much less go to page 2 in trying to find something?

We've been doing quite a bit of SEO on it so we're hoping we can generate at least 2000 organic hits per month, which would potentially generate 60 leads per day.

Ace - 2000 organic hits will generate 50-60 leads per MONTH, tops. Much less for your site since you're solely going after app requests. I generate my own life insurance leads through several sites and just want to give you a reality check.

Also, if you decide to give up on the site down the road (most do), don't let the website expire. I'll buy it from you. That goes for anyone out there with a life insurance site.

Ace - 2000 organic hits will generate 50-60 leads per MONTH, tops. Much less for your site since you're solely going after app requests. I generate my own life insurance leads through several sites and just want to give you a reality check.

Also, if you decide to give up on the site down the road (most do), don't let the website expire. I'll buy it from you. That goes for anyone out there with a life insurance site.

Hi JRoot,

I corrected myself in a later post actually. The numbers I took are from a website I have access to analytics to.

They get roughly 2,100 organic visits a month. Of those 2,100 visits (in the month of June) 8.74% requested a quote (aka a lead). Thus, thats 174 leads in just the month of June, roughly 4-6 leads per day.

As stated, they are currently on page 2 of Google, and seem to be doing well.

We're going to work hard and see what happens. Yes a lot of the information sometimes can be discouraging, but giving up before actually getting things going at full speed is something I don't want to do.

Back