Are you an insurance expert? I am completely new to insurance and looking to have a successful start. I want to represent the industry well. An entrepreneur is what I want to be, so should I start as an agent or an agency? What is a good company to get my education from? What is a good company to sign onto for the most freedom with the most commissions?
Any ideas are welcome and I can't wait to get started. I look forward to the responses.

Are you an insurance expert? I am completely new to insurance and looking to have a successful start. I want to represent the industry well. An entrepreneur is what I want to be, so should I start as an agent or an agency? What is a good company to get my education from? What is a good company to sign onto for the most freedom with the most commissions?
Any ideas are welcome and I can't wait to get started. I look forward to the responses.
It would behove you to talk to @Todd King,

3501.jpg

Do give us a call sometime.

You probably need to start with figuring out what part of the industry you want to focus on and not to go about it the hard way which is to bump along from one sector to the next which is what I did until I found what I liked most and was successful at.
Licenses are for Life and Health (life insurance, health insurance, indemnity health, medicare, financials, etc) Property and Casualty (home and auto, landlord, commercial, etc)

You probably need to start with figuring out what part of the industry you want to focus on and not to go about it the hard way which is to bump along from one sector to the next which is what I did until I found what I liked most and was successful at.
Licenses are for Life and Health (life insurance, health insurance, indemnity health, medicare, financials, etc) Property and Casualty (home and auto, landlord, commercial, etc)
Thanks for the advise

The insurance industry is gigantic. I think attempting to first figure out if you are more interested in the P&C side or the Life&Health side is of more interest to you.

Second, becoming an entrepreneur in many industries is as simple building a website, but in the world of insurance it does not work this way. One needs a license, E&O Insurance, a Bond, and typically some "experience", as well as access to insurers, to be an entrepreneur.

Therefore its often best to start off by working on some facet of the industry before you set up your own shop. Start off with a Geico Corporate job, a State Farm agency role, or become an insurance adjuster first.

Best of Luck,

Back