Newby Question Regarding Medicare Advantage

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi fellow agents,

Had a quick question regarding renewals on Medicare Advantage Plans.

QUESTION:

1) If a customer "renews" their plan, with the same company, do you have to see them in person or is it done automatically?

2) I imagine if they change to another company, you must see them in person....correct? (need a wet signature---i probably already answered this question myself).

Thanks for your input.

Hi fellow agents,

Had a quick question regarding renewals on Medicare Advantage Plans.

QUESTION:

1) If a customer "renews" their plan, with the same company, do you have to see them in person or is it done automatically?

2) I imagine if they change to another company, you must see them in person....correct? (need a wet signature---i probably already answered this question myself).

Thanks for your input.

#1 - Auto Renews. But you may want to contact them to avoid replacement by someone else though . . .

Touch every renewal if only by phone, MAPD commissions are deserving of at least a drug and provider checkup each year. That will also earn you a steady stream of referrals.

New plans, you better be in front of them or doing a screen share presentation and mailing the forms. A face to face is not required by CMS regulation to receive an enrollment kit.

Touch every renewal if only by phone, MAPD commissions are deserving of at least a drug and provider checkup each year. That will also earn you a steady stream of referrals.

New plans, you better be in front of them or doing a screen share presentation and mailing the forms. A face to face is not required by CMS regulation to receive an enrollment kit.

Wonder if that is area specific? Aetna in my area requires an Independent Producer to be face to face and sign paper app or eapp . . .

Back