News & Info Related To 2017 Open Enrollment

Identifying prospects who purchased their plan during the 2016 SEP timeframe isn't difficult, but doing the same with prospects who made some kind of change to their 2016 plan won't be as cut and dry.

Real life example: Spouse is aging into Medicare in the middle of the year. If the spouse primary is under 65 and stays on the plan with Blue Cross we are still getting commission with the change. If primary was the spouse who is going into Medicare, remaining spouse has a new policy, and we are not paid, either on or off-exchange. I had a few clients aging into Medicare this year, after the change I checked my commission statements, and every time I was paid according to this rule.

Real life example: Spouse is aging into Medicare in the middle of the year. If the spouse primary is under 65 and stays on the plan with Blue Cross we are still getting commission with the change. If primary was the spouse who is going into Medicare, remaining spouse has a new policy, and we are not paid, either on or off-exchange. I had a few clients aging into Medicare this year, after the change I checked my commission statements, and every time I was paid according to this rule.

Well. That's Lovely.

If they aren't getting a subsidy, write them on 2 policies. Make the carrier pay twice for the same amount of premium. ;)

It is what it is....we are lucky HCSC is paying us....and that's better than a lot of agents can say....

Last edited:
Well. That's Lovely.
It is what it is....we are lucky HCSC is paying us....and that's better than a lot of agents can say....
I agree, but in Illinois we still don't know if we are going to be paid in 2017.

Well. That's Lovely.

If they aren't getting a subsidy, write them on 2 policies. Make the carrier pay twice for the same amount of premium. ;)

Yes you can do it this way, if I only knew that at the beginning of 2016. I would wrote 2 separate policies or the younger spouse as the primary. You can actually do it this way either on or off-exchange.

I agree, but in Illinois we still don't know if we are going to be paid in 2017.

Yes you can do it this way, if I only knew that at the beginning of 2016. I would wrote 2 separate policies or the younger spouse as the primary. You can actually do it this way either on or off-exchange.
the Blue Cross for Illinois 2017 commission schedule was released last week.

Wow, I'm checking my portal several times per day, and I still have omission schedule effective 04/01/2016. Allen where did you get that?

----------

Allen thank you for the hint. I had to refresh my browser, clear all the history and cookies. I have it now. It was my anxiety, I was checking to many times...

Allen thank you for the hint. I had to refresh my browser, clear all the history and cookies. I have it now. It was my anxiety, I was checking to many times...

Prencik, you should also check your e-mail from Friday 10.14.2016. BCBS sent out a letter to each BCBS-IL agent, informing us what your "commission tier" will be for 2017. (Check your SPAM folder if necessary)

Prencik, you should also check your e-mail from Friday 10.14.2016. BCBS sent out a letter to each BCBS-IL agent, informing us what your "commission tier" will be for 2017. (Check your SPAM folder if necessary)
Again, Thank You Allen for the advise. We haven't receive an email with our tier. I checked our spam folder directly on the server, nothing was there from Blue Cross. Then I called our GA, they confirmed that yes it should be sent to our agency. Than I called directly Blue Cross commission, and it turns out that they haven't sent an email to our agency. As they explained, tier email list was manually entered by someone, and I guess they have missed some agencies. Got my ticket#, should have an answer in a few days.

Received news this week that Ambetter is expanding into some areas, PMPM of $12, $16, $18 or $20 depending on number of sales and the state. A couple areas of note expanding into are Tarrant and Denton county in N. Texas and Dallas County. Good news on Tarrant since prior BCBS was only choice.

Just FYI...

Received news this week that Ambetter is expanding into some areas, PMPM of $12, $16, $18 or $20 depending on number of sales and the state. A couple areas of note expanding into are Tarrant and Denton county in N. Texas and Dallas County. Good news on Tarrant since prior BCBS was only choice.

Just FYI...

Was released yesterday in the broker meeting... you left out collin and rockwall county

Truth be told it may not be the best news for tarrant county as now the SLCS will only have North Hills and Plaza Medical Cir as their hospitals.... Not cool

Back