News & Info Related To 2017 Open Enrollment

Where's IL on this list?

Didn't you hear, Sam? After 5 months of playing with their thangs, our flat-broke, dysfunctional, greedy, insanely wasteful, state legislature adjourned for the Summer without passing a 2016 budget.

The janitor at the IL Dept of Insurance found a note stuck on the Director's door and read it to the Chicago Tribune. It says that the 2017 premium requests will not be divulged prior to August 1st. (See the BCBS-IL thread in the Illinois forum for more details)

Didn't you hear, Sam? After 5 months of playing with their thangs, our flat-broke, dysfunctional, greedy, insanely wasteful, state legislature adjourned for the Summer without passing a 2016 budget.

The janitor at the IL Dept of Insurance found a note stuck on the Director's door and read it to the Chicago Tribune. It says that the 2017 premium requests will not be divulged prior to August 1st. (See the BCBS-IL thread in the Illinois forum for more details)

AC....have you considered moving? I don't think you're real happy with the Land of Lincoln

AC....have you considered moving? I don't think you're real happy with the Land of Lincoln

Since my wife is retiring this year, we certainly are able to join the 3,100 taxpayers a month who are sick of everything Illinois and moving away. It's causing a "death spiral". Where have I heard that before?

June 6, 2016

Isn't Colorado one of the states where Marijuana is legal now? The state's DOI commissioner must be on some of the really potent stuff!

Check out how she explains what's happening in Colorado...

"More than 92,000 Coloradans will lose their Obamacare health care coverage in 2017 as four leading insurance companies scale back or eliminate their plans while others propose rate hikes of as much as 40 percent.

Insurance holders with individual plans through Anthem, UnitedHealthCare, Humana and Rocky Mountain Health Plans will need to find new coverage for the 2017 coverage year, according to a Monday statement from the Colorado Division of Insurance.

Insurance commissioner Marguerite Salazar described the upheaval as part of the “stabilization phase” as the state exchange, Connect for Health Colorado, enters its fourth enrollment year."

This is STABILIZATION? :nah:

Source Article: About 92K Coloradans to lose Obamacare coverage as insurers drop out, cut back, raise rates - Washington Times

Guarantee OEP will be delayed until after elections, like they did last time. Guarantee all the rates and increases are hidden until then, like they did last time.

Guarantee 2017 brings one of the biggest rate increases across the board that this industry has ever seen. With the artificially low rates these past 2 years, big losses, and the ending of "three R" programs, we're finally going to see the true cost of the risk they're taking on.

June 14, 2016

CMS just reaffirmed to the health insurance industry that Open Enrollment will commence on November 1, 2016 and run through January 31, 2017

Source: https://www.regtap.info/faq_viewe.php?i=16394

Of course, Obama and Hillary might collude to delay it. It would be interesting to see what the excuse would be. What was it last time? Technical?
ac

I asked Blue Cross Blue Shield AZ what's going to be the rates for 2017... they would not tell me officially but told me to check the DOI website but hinted they're likely to be 64% higher for ACA plans and 16% higher for grandfathered :o Oshi%$&*

Last edited:
June 16, 2016

FYI, a few subsidized clients will NOT be automatically re-enrolled in their Obamacare plan on January 1, 2017.

"Automatic Re-enrollment Changes

The largest change is not expected to affect a significant group of people, but it intends to close a loophole that many insurers have complained about. It will affect enrollees who are using APTC or income-based CSR and meet the following criteria:

1.Were automatically re-enrolled for the 2015 calendar year;
2.Failed to submit an updated application during 2015 or 2016 Open Enrollment;
3.Fail to submit an updated application before December 15, 2016;
4.Did not file taxes in 2014 or 2015.

For those meeting these criteria, their Marketplace Insurance Plan will not be renewed on January 1, 2017."

Source: https://www.zanebenefits.com/blog/how-will-obamacare-enrollment-changes-affect-you

Back