• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Ninja Quoter

Thanks Robert - this is all helpful.

You can actually access the FlexTerm rates here: QOL Rapid Rater
Pretty easy to reverse engineer.
If you need an agent guide or banding info, etc. let me know.

We do not reverse engineer quotes into rates. I require copies of actual rate tables that I use to put the rates in our software, and which I can keep on file for debugging reports of errant premiums.

I think, once or twice in the past, when I could not get a company's renewal premiums (you know, the ugly ART rates that follow the initial level period) I got quotes and re-engineered rates from those. But that was it and only a couple of time.

Once again, I think it is a VERY bad idea to reverse engineer quotes. Compulife quotes come from rates provided by the companies (usually spreadsheets) or from a company's rate books (usually PDF files).

I am a long-time subscriber to Compulife. The product is exceptional (see my Capterra review from July 2018) but the personal service you receive from Bob Barney and his staff is phenomenal and I am not one prone to exaggeration. Just last Sunday, I received a response from Bob at close to midnight to an email I sent that evening. The latter is not an isolated instance. You don't find this kind of service or commitment to customers just anywhere...at least I don't.

I was not asked by Bob or anyone at Compulife to make this post. It is voluntary and I am receiving no remuneration or other complementary benefits for offering my opinions.

Jack A. Moloney, CPA (Inactive), CLU®, ChFC®, RHU®, CLTC®

Regarding American General's QoL flex term product, it would be a welcome addition to Compulife. As Bob Barney mentioned in a prior post, not all agents sell based on price alone. When I devote time to educating clients how "not all term life insurance policies are created equally," value is indeed a consideration to consumers in their decision-making. Taking the extra time to show yourself as a professional advisor rather than an order taker based on premium alone does pay dividends in gaining client loyalty and the opportunity to address other concerns the client may have in addition to obtaining referrals.

Since the QoL product offers the accelerated death benefit riders for critical, chronic and terminal illnesses, it would be appealing to show if it were available for quote inclusion in Compulife. Though the premiums are higher than American General's Select-a-Term product series, the extra premium for a QoL policy offers added value.

I hope a representative of AIG/American General sees this post and will reconsider their position on withholding rates to Compulife for QoL flex term.

I am a long-time subscriber to Compulife. The product is exceptional (see my Capterra review from July 2018) but the personal service you receive from Bob Barney and his staff is phenomenal and I am not one prone to exaggeration. Just last Sunday, I received a response from Bob at close to midnight to an email I sent that evening. The latter is not an isolated instance. You don't find this kind of service or commitment to customers just anywhere...at least I don't.

I was not asked by Bob or anyone at Compulife to make this post. It is voluntary and I am receiving no remuneration or other complementary benefits for offering my opinions.

Jack A. Moloney, CPA (Inactive), CLU®, ChFC®, RHU®, CLTC®

Thank you Jack, just saw your post. Very kind of you to do this.

Regarding American General's QoL flex term product, it would be a welcome addition to Compulife. .

I have written to American General and made a strong pitch to get those rates. I specfically identified some posts in this thread to help make my case.

It was my second request for the rates for the product. I was turned down on the first request.

I am hoping that the interest expressed in this discussion will convince AGL that there is sufficient demand to warrant providing those rates. I also pointed out that given there has an on-line, publicly accessible quoting page for those products, on their own website, that it really didn't see to be a matter of state secrets.

Thanks again everyone. I'll let you know what they decide.

Back