No Phone Numbers on Mailers

im getting mailers with no phone numbers, I used to go on whitepages and didn't have to get a profile and pay..is this service not free anymore or would anyone know of a service that i dont have to pay for it thanx

You can use superpages.com and click the "people" page to look phone numbers up. It's free

Who has the time to look up phone numbers on reply mailers?

Exactly!

Is the op asking how to get phone numbers on dm response letters or cards?

Why spend the time to look it up? You may still have a wrong number. Why risk the DNC boogey-man? Why are you going off on that tangent anyway?

Here's my solution:

-Make a copy of the response card or letter.

-Next time you're in that vicinity on another appointment, drop by that person's residence.

-If they are home, show them the copy of their response. Tell them you want to handle their request and ask if they have time now to talk. If they do, make your presentation.

-If they don't have time now, ask for their phone number. If they give it to you it shows they have positive intent and you have their permission to call.

-If they are not home, leave the copy with a note, a funeral planning guide (for FE) and a business card. Ask them to contact you. You might be surprised that a few who have intent will call back.

Of course, some people send in a reply just for kicks and giggles. That is no intent. Write it off.

For what it's worth, just because the filled out the card doesn't mean you're exempt from DNC.

Actually, this would be an inquiry, which would give you a 90 day window (or is it 30 days?). Keep the card though, just in case someone complains.

Dan

Actually, this would be an inquiry, which would give you a 90 day window (or is it 30 days?). Keep the card though, just in case someone complains.

Dan

I'm sure it would be an interesting argument to a judge. "How could I have possibly given permission to call if I didn't give them my phone number?"

Inquiry is good for 90 days, but I think they actually do have to give you the contact info.

Actually, this would be an inquiry, which would give you a 90 day window (or is it 30 days?). Keep the card though, just in case someone complains. Dan
If no phone number is on the card, their inquiry does not include consent to call if they're on DNC.

Are you paying for the mailers? Why would you worry about $20 for a phone number service? It's pennies.

Also, if they don't give you a phone number, they aren't giving it to anyone else. Show up at their house and you will get the business.

im getting mailers with no phone numbers, I used to go on whitepages and didn't have to get a profile and pay..is this service not free anymore or would anyone know of a service that i dont have to pay for it thanx

Usually you can get phone numbers (when available) for an extra $15 from the direct mail vendor.

You can also ask for the -non-responder list, this is the people who were mailed the card but did not return it, with a qualifying script you can pick up sometimes 10% interest from them.

Keep in mind the list address has the zip code and the routing number, so think of the return cards as an indication that if they are on the do not call list they are people who prefer to buy "in person", you can sort the cards by zip codes and routing numbers to work effectively if you do the "walk & talk".

Might be worth the extra $15 to get phone numbers when available and the non-responder list.

Good luck and keep falling forward.

I'm sure it would be an interesting argument to a judge. "How could I have possibly given permission to call if I didn't give them my phone number?"

Inquiry is good for 90 days, but I think they actually do have to give you the contact info.

It depends on what your definition of "CALL" is:

from Dictionary.com

to make a short visit; stop at a place on some errand or business:
She called at the store for the package.

Back