No Thanks, I Am Happy with My Current Agent...

what about... "i've been with my agent for 10 years, i dont want to change... he knows everything i need already"

First thing you need to do is understand the objection. Odds are, they don't even know who their current agent is, their objection is they don't want to spend the time.

Offer to check back in when the policy is up for renewal. x-date them and move on.

Dan

Sometimes, you need to get off your high horse and move on......

Read into the comments, they want you to F- off......

Dont spend too much time or effort on some prospect who dont want to talk to you, there is plenty of business out there, so you dont need to spin your wheels on a few.....

I seem to recall retention is somewhere in the 80s to 90s for a good P&C agent, this should be the primary objection. Sometimes the right call is just to move on, you are cold calling and right now they don't feel any pain to change. Instead of making it painful for you and then by trying to create interest that doesn't exist, x-date them and move on.

I would say someting along the line of.

Does the mean you're open to working with someone new or ont. Then if they say no just say, "ok good by" and move on.

I think you guys should keep your questions as short as possible without compromising on the details.

Sam has us on a minimum word count. Long, long, time ago, I can remember when a simple yes or no would suffice.

Not any more.

And there are different standards based on seniority, number of posts, time in the business, age, higher intellect and so forth.

Those who are on the higher end of the criteria are obligated to give lengthy answers that truly address the issue.

If we don't provide lengthy answers, we are banned or have our post count reduced.

To cite an example, we once had a person that wanted to get to 20 posts. Try as he may, he could never reach that goal because his posts were not worthy.

Others have worked to reach the 1,000 post mark so they can learn the secrets only known by a few wizened agents that frequent the forum where everyone knows your name.

I know this may be difficult to understand, and you may even find it boring, but some of us must carry the burden of keeping this forum alive so that it may never go dark.

Do a good enough job and your clients will give the same answer to agents trying to take your business.

Keep in touch because eventually things change - agent dies, client doesn't like an outcome and begins to entertain something else. A friend of mine says "no matter how good the client, eventually they will leave."

Sometimes this business seems like you're looking for a date in a room full of married women. Sometimes you'd have more luck with the married women.

Keep door knocking. You'll find someone that wants to talk to you.

Back