Non Compete Agreements

What if you dont replace the policy of the company that you signed the non compete with, but you sold them an additional insurance policy, and/or sold them something that the previous company didnt offer? Would this be unethical or breaking a standard non compete agreement?

Read your agreement.

jezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There is so much available business out there, stop worrying about your old clients.

YOU signed a contract that includeds a non compete, then abide by it and be ETHICAL.....

Pretty pathetic actually.

I would definitely not work with any GA or anyone who insisted on replacing previously sold policies. Churning/replacing/flipping for personal gain is BS. Anyone who asks you to do it, is not someone you should work with.

So let me put this out there....
I as an "independant contractor" just terminated my contract with an agency. two weeks after one of my clients calls me and says that they were not getting a hold of anyone at my old agency and that she wants to do business with me. I told her I had a noncompete agreement and that I could not service her company for 5 years. She got very upset and calle dher attorney and found that she has the right to put her busines where she likes. She then contacted my old agency principal and told him that she planned on taking her renewal to me next year. then emailed me to tell me what she had done. I was shocked. I told her that I specifically told them that I would hold to our agreement and that I could not help her and tried to turn her back to my former agency. She thentold me about her attorney and asked me to seek legal counsel as well. I asked an attorney friend of mine about this and he said that she came to me and I did not solicit her bsiness so I am free to take the client. Can anyone help me out I feel torn between doing what I said I would do and the fact that the contract only talks about soliciting accounts. what should I do in your opinion????

Back