Non-Res States Fines and how to handle them

VirtualShoppe

Recently I have found myself to be the subject of penalties for not uploading Administrative Actions in NIPR in a timely manner. It seems to be causing snowfall effect with my states, some have been lenient and others not so. Should I surrender these Non-res states, pay the fine or get legal counsel?
I haven't gone into detail as to why this started but it in a nutshell, a former FMO contracting office answered no to a yes question on my application for carrier appointment. Hence this trickle down effect. These fines are to me hefty $250, $500

Are you saying that the fines were the result of an error on an application? Is there some way of correcting that error and getting the fines waived? Or is it already beyond that?

If you want to keep doing business in those states, you pay the fines.

If you surrender your licenses will the fines get cancelled or will you still have to pay them?

Hiring legal counsel will cost you thousands more than each fine as you would have to hire separate lawyers that are licensed to practice law in each of those states. Hardly seems practical especially since you may end up having to pay the fines anyway.

It's already beyond that. The findings include failure to report administrative actions to NIPR on time from other states. Its kind of a cascading effect right now. I have to pay $500 for two non-res states. If others follow, I will have to surrender some of those license.
It's understandable for fines to imposed for fraudulent activity like taking advantage of clients and practicing non-ethical behavior. That is not my scenario., but i digress, I wont cry about it, I will pay the fine and chalk it up as tough lesson learned. . Thanks for your input.

It's understandable for fines to imposed for fraudulent activity like taking advantage of clients and practicing non-ethical behavior.

The sad thing is that it is often more easily proven, and a much lazier way to work, to find errors in paper work. As to "taking advantage or non-ethical behavior" these require much more purposeful investigation.

Bureaucratic crap if you ask me. Just notified that AIG wants more AML training. Have been doing this for years, have I been able stop any fund transfers to off shore shell accounts for terrorist just once? No. But because it is a "requirement of the state" I have to be "retrained" every 2 years. And if I don't... I can't sale.

Just me venting, but some of the stuff we are required to do, and hoops we have to jump through, compared to what some of our elected officials and fraudulently elected officials get away with is mind numbing. :skeptical:

Taking an "Ethics" class in Chicago, IL is the most asinine act of hypocrisy known to man. It's a kin to going to Sunday School in hell. :arghh:

I feel much better now. :)

The sad thing is that it is often more easily proven, and a much lazier way to work, to find errors in paper work. As to "taking advantage or non-ethical behavior" these require much more purposeful investigation.

Bureaucratic crap if you ask me. Just notified that AIG wants more AML training. Have been doing this for years, have I been able stop any fund transfers to off shore shell accounts for terrorist just once? No. But because it is a "requirement of the state" I have to be "retrained" every 2 years. And if I don't... I can't sale.

Just me venting, but some of the stuff we are required to do, and hoops we have to jump through, compared to what some of our elected officials and fraudulently elected officials get away with is mind numbing. :skeptical:

Taking an "Ethics" class in Chicago, IL is the most asinine act of hypocrisy known to man. It's a kin to going to Sunday School in hell. :arghh:

I feel much better now. :)

Sounds like the FBI "catching terrorists"/"foiling plots", and then you find out it was the FBI and their informants that initiated the plots and attacks to catch "the bad guys".

It is your responsibility to make sure the licensing documents are accurate.

Allowing an IMO to fill out your forms for state appointment? If they in fact did this and made a mistake, I would be seeing that they paid the fines, contacted each affected state and told the insurance commissioner what happened and ask that the ding be removed from your record.

What you are probably going to find is that you ability to get a contract with new carriers will be affected. You may even start seeing current companies you are currently contracted with terminate you.

They see it as lying to an insurance department and if you would do that, then you will lie to them.

Are you saying that the fines were the result of an error on an application? Is there some way of correcting that error and getting the fines waived? Or is it already beyond that?

If you want to keep doing business in those states, you pay the fines.

If you surrender your licenses will the fines get cancelled or will you still have to pay them?

Hiring legal counsel will cost you thousands more than each fine as you would have to hire separate lawyers that are licensed to practice law in each of those states. Hardly seems practical especially since you may end up having to pay the fines anyway.

Back