efiledba.com anyone know anything about them?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I was looking to do a name change and do a DBA and after looking online last week (which is where they probably got my info as I was trying to just do it online but there were issues) my wife filled for on state site and sent it in

Then I got an email this morning We are pleased to inform you that we are ready to register and its got my DBA name,
To complete the filing process, all we need is your approval. By registering with EfileDBA, you can easily finalize the registration with state and county/city agencies. It's a quick and hassle-free process.

Simply click on the link below to finish the filing process:

So I think its just the next step in getting set up I click on and it changed me $100 which I used a brand new buis card for. I hate to have to cancel this card because I just switched a bunch of monthly payments on to it but if I have to I am going to have to do it quickly

I found a phone number and email online for then but I have not got a response though I have done half dozen emails and voice messages since this morning

are these guys a complete scam ?

Do I really have to cancel this card now?

While I've never heard of them, there are plenty of online services that do this kind of thing.

I know that for DBA/FNS in California, it requires that you file in the county and publish it in an approved newspaper. I think I can do the whole thing myself for $150 or less?

So double-check the requirements for a DBA/FNS and if it's an all-in-one solution, that it does the publishing requirement too.

You can always contest the charge if they don't deliver on what they promise - which is a hassle, but the site looks good enough and I'd expect to pay a little more if they're going to do more of the work.

While I've never heard of them, there are plenty of online services that do this kind of thing.

I know that for DBA/FNS in California, it requires that you file in the county and publish it in an approved newspaper. I think I can do the whole thing myself for $150 or less?

So double-check the requirements for a DBA/FNS and if it's an all-in-one solution, that it does the publishing requirement too.

You can always contest the charge if they don't deliver on what they promise - which is a hassle, but the site looks good enough and I'd expect to pay a little more if they're going to do more of the work.

Yea they have a Facebook too

I am not even concerned about the $100 they charged I thought it was from what I already sent in

I am just concerned about it affecting what I was already doing direct, which I understand they have not even received in the mail yet

I did not finish filling out the questioner from efiledba

and i just don't want them charging anything else

if this only cost me an extra $100 Ill take it but its going to take me a week to confirm with state from what I am understanding

and this efile will not return emails or calls I don't even get a email confirming they received my emails

efiledba​

why not file directly with the state?

Actually thats what I did but after I filed I got an email that sounded like this was the next step in what I already had in process

Only it was not it was from these guys because I was on their site when I was trying to figure out what I needed to do

I did not think it was an advertiment

They even used the words the next step in the process for YOUR application

Back