Northern Agents......

That is all a foreign concept to us. Stores & bars can sell beer, wine and liquor here till 2AM 7 days a week.

Probably cuts down on the DUIs.

Lee

Yeah, I went to a horse show in Mt Vernon, Il many, many years ago. Stopped at a gas station to fill up and asked the attendant if it was "wet" there.

This was July. he looked around, looked up at the sky and said, "hell no, it's been the driest damn summer in a long time".:biggrin:

I explained I meant could you buy beer here. He looked at us like we were aliens. he thought we were putting him on when we told him you couldn't where we lived.

Not sure he ever believed us but he directed us to the nearest beer joint.:laugh:

When you say by the drink, does that mean you could buy a bottle in the bar or do bottle service?

It means ordering one drink from a restaurant/bar. I am not sure that bottle service or buying a bottle of liquor is legal in TN. You definitely may not buy and take from the premises. Tennessee laws says you may not serve more than two drinks or containers of alcohol to a patron at one time. I suspect a bottle would violate that, although I don't frequent clubs that would engage in bottle service, so I don't know. Of course, if the waitress/bartender or other employee kept control of the bottle and did the serving, then I guess it would meet the spirit of the law.

Its like skiing in Salt Lake City. You have to go to state approved liquor stores to buy booze. So we made the drive. We spent over $500 and the cashier said we must be planning a fun week. Two days later we had to go back for more.

There's a lot of talk about liquor and booze in this thread... And I like it-

Don't know if it has gone wet but when you visited the Jack Daniel's Distillery they could not sell you a bottle or even give you s sample because it was a dry County.

Don't know if it has gone wet but when you visited the Jack Daniel's Distillery they could not sell you a bottle or even give you s sample because it was a dry County.

I believe the state legislature carved out a special exemption for them a few years ago.

I do think Lynchburg is still a dry city but you can get samplings at the JD Distillery. No more than 1 ounce total though.

Wouldn't that be more then enough?:yes:

Well, to some yes, but to others it would just be a small amount compared to what they usually drink. It would be enough for me for sure, if I had to drink it straight. I never had the palette to drink it without a mixer. Can't do but a sip of moonshine either.

Back