Northwestern Mutual Announces 2014 Dividend

"Northwestern mutual force their reps to sell Northwestern mutual product"
Imagine the nerve of that Company?

Yes, the nerve to pose as a financial planning outfit to find the 'best' insurance for people and every time the recommendation is to buy Northwestern Mutual.

For example Guardian is the best policy for highly compensated medical professionals, hands down, but 95% of Northwestern Mutual reps never even mention it. They instead just try to sell the NML policy because it is the 'best'. Yes, the best for their pocket book and their Managing Partner's pocket book but not the best for the client.

If they want to be honest about it they should straight up tell clients that they only recommend NML instead of telling clients that they can sell anything, that they'll find the best product, and oh my god, the best product is NML; again!!

Yes, the nerve to pose as a financial planning outfit to find the 'best' insurance for people and every time the recommendation is to buy Northwestern Mutual.

For example Guardian is the best policy for highly compensated medical professionals, hands down, but 95% of Northwestern Mutual reps never even mention it. They instead just try to sell the NML policy because it is the 'best'. Yes, the best for their pocket book and their Managing Partner's pocket book but not the best for the client.

If they want to be honest about it they should straight up tell clients that they only recommend NML instead of telling clients that they can sell anything, that they'll find the best product, and oh my god, the best product is NML; again!!

If you have 5 or more years in the business and you were also at Northwestern Mutual (key word being 'were'), what are your thoughts regarding Northwestern Mutual? What was your experience? What have you heard regarding what is currently going on at Northwestern Mutual?

Interesting post, from your posts, seems like you just left the company and you were there for a while. Being a former northwestern rep, I was there for 6 years, been mdrt for 4 years, I left couple months ago, and boy things are so much different and better. At northwestern, you always push to sell northwestern, you would never stop for a second to think if the products are the most suitable for the clients, the mindset would always be nor western is the best, which clearly it is not. That's why over hundreds of producers left in 2013 and more in 2014, every annual meeting all ceo talks about is nm pays agents the most and most to the policyowners, which they arent! That's why they can only recruit college agents or people never heard of industry ever.

For example Guardian is the best policy for highly compensated medical professionals, hands down...

Umm no.

Highly compensated medical professionals make up a large portion of my clients and it's been quite a few years since the last time Guardian came out on top for them.

At one time yes. Today, unfortunately, not true.

Back