Obama Care Book...suggest $ for Agents?

I bought the book and am about a third of the way through it. Mostly geared toward consumers.

As more news and regs come out, some of the information is not as accurate or informative as it could be.

As for the agent "windfall" . . . that remains to be seen. I will believe it when I see it.

Just because the goobermint orders it does not mean it will happen as they predict.

I've heard everything from $15 fee per app; to 10% commission; to a comp similar to a MA....If it's the first one, then it's not a windfall but alot of work esp. for a person going on subsidy. Only a windfall if we get a percentage commission plus renewal. Regardless, a good agents should already be diversifying now (medicare, long term care, life AND under 65)...that's a good formula for sucess.

I've heard everything from $15 fee per app; to 10% commission; to a comp similar to a MA....If it's the first one, then it's not a windfall but alot of work esp. for a person going on subsidy. Only a windfall if we get a percentage commission plus renewal. Regardless, a good agents should already be diversifying now (medicare, long term care, life AND under 65)...that's a good formula for sucess.

thanks Binky,

not talking about being a navigator. I was referring to ppl who will have to purchase insurance.

thanks man!

Business+compensation=income .

People buy insurance, and have been for decades. The business has always been there, and will always be there. Brokers/Agents have tracked down and written this business, and were compensated for their efforts (essentially, a one stop marketing, service, and sales department all for a low percentage based commission).

The deciding factor on a "windfall" is how much we get paid for facilitating said business. There may be more cases than ever in force, but that means diddly if we don't get paid for it.

Who knows what will happen. I thought the Theory was agents getting killed over this business.

Now i'm thinkin maybe companies are being forced to write insurance...and the gov picking up the Tab for those who can't afford the entire policy premium.

Who knows what will happen. I thought the Theory was agents getting killed over this business.

Now i'm thinkin maybe companies are being forced to write insurance...and the gov picking up the Tab for those who can't afford the entire policy premium.

As always, the real truth lies somewhere in-between.

The real losers, however, are the taxpayers who have to foot the bill for this monstrosity.

As always, the real truth lies somewhere in-between.

The real losers, however, are the taxpayers who have to foot the bill for this monstrosity.

yes...this is true. Now---which tax-payer are you referring to?

yes...this is true. Now---which tax-payer are you referring to?

All of us for footing the initial outlay, then those of us who will subsidize others moving forward.

Oh, and everyone for having more expensive health insurance.

All of us for footing the initial outlay, then those of us who will subsidize others moving forward.

Oh, and everyone for having more expensive health insurance.

And all of us consumers that are going to be paying higher prices for goods and services from businesses that are paying higher premiums for their group coverage.

But don't worry, under this administration, those under $250K won't see any increases in their taxes.

Back