Offering High Priced Med Supp Plans

I would say the plan Bill is talking about is entry age premium based. You enter at a higher premium, but your rate increase only as the plan increase. With others, you get hit in plan increase and age increase. Entry age says if you enrolled 8 years ago with XYZ carrier at 65 and you are 73 now, you are still paying what a new 65 year old would pay if they were to sign up today.

It sounds like entry age med supps work the same way as issue age med supps. :1confused:

I've ran into T65s that have bought hdF from UA, E at $40-50 more than market from Bankers, F from Humana at $220/mo when the lowest price was aprox $103.

It goes with the frustration that all the crap a person gets hit with at that time. They get sick of it, listen to agent after agent after agent and do nothing but get very confused... and possibly screwed.

I have medicare clients from 35 to 98. I've seen it all. The things agents pull to make a sale shame the title of agent.

Good night folks. It's been a long day. None stop with clients and prospects coming in the office. I need a drink and laughs. We're off to Taco Tuesday.

I travel past a Chevron, two BP's and a Shell Station to go to Quick Trip to get gas.

I love Quick Trip, and feel very comfortable getting gas there. Their bathrooms are always clean. The help is articulate, helpful, and can multitask. Their lot is well lit, and they welcome me on the intercom when I drive up. I pay $2.68 per gallon. I couldn't tell you what the competition sells gas for, and I don't care.

The answer you seek is in the statements above.

Not really. You are getting what you feel is extra value from the gas station you frequesnt. That's not happening for the client with a med sup. The service and value is the same at whatever price they pay. Theyt are just paying too much.

It's the same reason that agents can sell Lincoln Heritage FE plans over the phone. The senior doesn't know any better and a dishonest agent can take advantage of that.

Rick

Back