Open Talk Questions

You are missing out on so much in life. There are so many different foods to try and so many different experiences. But if you want an excuse not to be adventuresome, look up Balut sometime. Although, don't do it on a full stomach or if you have a week stomach, particularly pictures.

I'm just programmed differently when it comes to food. I can eat the same thing every day for years and then I eventually tire of it and never eat it again. There are lots of very common foods that I've never tasted. But occasionally something clicks in my brain and I just decide that I would like something and I just start eating it and usually get obsessed with it.

For instance I never ate a Pop Tart until I was around 25 years old. My brother ate them all the time when we were growing up but I never had the desire to taste one. Then at age 25 I just decided to eat one and I've had two of them every morning pretty much every day since. Actually I'm finally winding down from them and wouldn't be surprised if I don't quit eating them altogether at some point. And it's only been cinnamon. I've never wanted to try any other flavor.

I've never tasted coffee. The thought of tasting it has never really entered my brain. Even though I do like the smell of it.

What I will and won't eat seems very normal to me because it's the way I've been my whole life. But as people pick up on it they usually are kind of stunned by it and it always evolves into "Have you ever eaten this? Have you ever eaten that?"

My wife is about the opposite of me and eats only vegetables.

Believe me, you do not want to come to dinner at the Newby house.

Back