Out of Pocket Maximum ?

Everyone is different, but I would never insure a $4k deductible. Worst case I could put it on a credit card or use a cash advance @ 0% for 18 months.

Everyone is different, but I would never insure a $4k deductible. Worst case I could put it on a credit card or use a cash advance @ 0% for 18 months.
A 35 year old can accomplish it for around $23 per month so it is not too bad. Could actually pay much more than $5K in the case of a hospital stay.

Louis, I don't care how cheap it is. Still wouldn't insure it.

For a similar reason I have never sold a dental plan. Had a few folks buy one after I advised against it.

I buy (and offer) insurance for expenses I can't cover out of pocket. Have never had a copay plan other than a few times when covered under my wife's plan.

Everyone is different.

AFLAC or any company that sells supplemental insurance product should help you cover those expenses. For example: Aflac has a plan that has 5k payout for hospital admission for that high amount you'll need to do physical, but for less 2k or 3k is not needed. And is cheap, less than 100 usually is base on age and demographics, there are supplemental that also pay you for doctor visit or diagnostic exam.

Why not ensure the 4K? if it only cost me 1kTo cover 4K.… I think that’s a good bet no?

Will you hit your OOP limit ever year? Even if you only have $1k in OOP, is it still a good deal?

If you think you might/will hit your $4k every year need to make sure these plans cover pre-ex . . . and I doubt they do.

Accident policy's would be the exception.

And BTW, Stephen changed his name to William . . .

Will you hit your OOP limit ever year? Even if you only have $1k in OOP, is it still a good deal?

If you think you might/will hit your $4k every year need to make sure these plans cover pre-ex . . . and I doubt they do.

Accident policy's would be the exception.

And BTW, Stephen changed his name to William . . .
Hmmm...ok, ‘my bad.’ (Could’ve swore I read Stephen someplace)

Aanyway...

Since when is covering a risk a Break even equation? Depending on how the policy reads, I personally would spend 1K to cover 4K in risk. And that’s paid monthly, not a lump sum. I assume I can cancel the policy any time.

* if I get 4K just for visiting the hospital overnight I think that’s a good bet.

AFLAC or any company that sells supplemental insurance product should help you cover those expenses. For example: Aflac has a plan that has 5k payout for hospital admission for that high amount you'll need to do physical, but for less 2k or 3k is not needed. And is cheap, less than 100 usually is base on age and demographics, there are supplemental that also pay you for doctor visit or diagnostic exam.
A physical for HI? $100? Is that per month? If so, Manhattan is much cheaper and does not require a physical.. In fact, I have never known of a company that requires a physical for HI..

Back