P&C Oklahoma

Jordan Newcomer

I'm a licensed independent agent for Oklahoma only, P&C. I'm apart of a very small agency with only 2 employees, myself and the owner, which is my mother. The agency has been around since 76 and we have around 1.8 million in written premium, 97% of that with one company, AFR, which is strictly an Oklahoma company. I'm looking for preferred companies that will allow me to expand my P&C book of business only, not interested in commercial at the moment. I've gotten in touch with a few companies, and they either won't write in our area, southeast Oklahoma, or they're nonstandard, which we have enough companies for that. Can anyone recommend good companies that I could expand with? Independent, good commission preferable and no monthly writing requirements would be great as well.

Thanks so much in advance for the help.

I'm looking for preferred companies.... Independent, good commission preferable and no monthly writing requirements
that and half a ham sandwhich in my lunchpail would be great - but it might not be realistic.

My expectation and experience is that No Monthly /Annual writing requirements and High Commissions don't go hand in hand.

The big ones nationally [I dont know about OK] are Travelers, Safeco, Kemper, Progressive. But you might look at Hippo, Mapfre, Nat Gen, and then some of the regional insurers in your neck of the woods. Best of Luck.

that and half a ham sandwhich in my lunchpail would be great - but it might not be realistic.

My expectation and experience is that No Monthly /Annual writing requirements and High Commissions don't go hand in hand.

The big ones nationally [I dont know about OK] are Travelers, Safeco, Kemper, Progressive. But you might look at Hippo, Mapfre, Nat Gen, and then some of the regional insurers in your neck of the woods. Best of Luck.

Yeah I know it's a bit of a dream scenario, haha. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

and no monthly writing requirements would be great as well

I'd like a date with Jennifer Aniston. It looks like we both want something we won't get.

As far as I know slim chance of finding a good carrier with good commissions and no monthly writing requirements. I know of only one that has no writing requirements, but they are a crap company. Who knows, I might be wrong. Maybe you'll find a great company with no writing requirements.

Back