P & C Part-Time

wfs

Guru
100+ Post Club
My bread and butter will be life insurance. But I am wondering if it will be worth it to get P&C licensed as well. I will be working evenings/weekends from home initially with life only.

I am wondering if P&C can be worked into such a part-time, home-based scenario. My guess is "not really" but I am seeking advice and opinions from those who know. I've been a life agent before but have no clue about P&C.

Thanks

Does anybody have any thoughts/advice for me?

Thanks!

My bread and butter will be life insurance. But I am wondering if it will be worth it to get P&C licensed as well. I will be working evenings/weekends from home initially with life only.

I am wondering if P&C can be worked into such a part-time, home-based scenario. My guess is "not really" but I am seeking advice and opinions from those who know. I've been a life agent before but have no clue about P&C.

Thanks

I could say a lot, but the answer to your question is no. Forget about P and C part time from your home.

Find one area that you are good at, and stick with it.

The answer is a resounding 'maybe'.
If you can delegate the service off to someone else, then you can write the policies, and have someone in the office manage them for you.

I'm looking at hiring a few people in this type of situation. It wouild give them a chance to earn a few $$$$, but the policies would be serviced by me or my staff (mostly staff).

The opportunities are not abudant, but they do exist.

Part time on your own is probably a bad idea. You'll eat up any potential profits in E&O costs, and then be stuck with service issues.

Dan

Thanks for your responses. That's what I figured... Now a good P&C referral program could work...

wfs,
I am a current MetLife producer that also writes P & C. There is significantly more servicing done on P&C business and you may very well find the servicing eating into your time designated for life business. Unless you can focus on P&C and grow a large book, this opportunity cost may be larger than you think.

Eric

Back