Pa. insurance commissioner warns businesses of increased liability if they reopen without governor’s

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Pa. insurance commissioner warns businesses of increased liability if they reopen without governor’s OK

PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) — Businesses in counties that decide to ignore Gov. Tom Wolf’s phased-in reopening plan may be putting their insurance coverage at risk, warned Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner Jessica Altman.

She said it’s a bad idea for any business to defy the governor’s order at this point, especially if it is located in a “red” zone. A clause in most insurance policies excludes coverage for businesses or individuals engaging in illegal acts or criminal conduct.

“Your insurance company may find it appropriate to exclude coverage if you open in violation of the governor’s order,” Altman said.

Pa. insurance commissioner warns businesses of increased liability if they reopen without governor’s OK

PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) — Businesses in counties that decide to ignore Gov. Tom Wolf’s phased-in reopening plan may be putting their insurance coverage at risk, warned Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner Jessica Altman.

She said it’s a bad idea for any business to defy the governor’s order at this point, especially if it is located in a “red” zone. A clause in most insurance policies excludes coverage for businesses or individuals engaging in illegal acts or criminal conduct.

“Your insurance company may find it appropriate to exclude coverage if you open in violation of the governor’s order,” Altman said.

Didn't read it, but just the title sounds like government bullying. Most of us on here are what are called business men or women. This is not how you act when you want to conduct business.

Sorry to all out there who live in Pa, I myself live in IL and it's the pits.

We all need to endanger our lives and put them at risk in the everyday conduct of commerce and business so we can feed our families and die in the process.

A head stone is awaiting everyone, I want to go out and earn mine! :arghh:

sounds like the commissioner is encouraging "red" lining ---- lol.

the real question will be whether defying a Governors order when county officials & police don't consider it to be against the law or a crime. the legality may not be known for months or years as it works its way through the courts

Life Hawk said:

Didn't read it, but just the title sounds like government bullying. Most of us on here are what are called business men or women. This is not how you act when you want to conduct business.

The Governor used to own a business. Two weeks ago, a nutjob from my County called his office and threatened to kill his daughter and granddaughter, who live near him. He was upset because he hadn't received his unemployment yet. Of course, he was arrested.

Yesterday, another wacko from across the State was arrested. He called the Governor's former business and said he and his buddies had a bullet waiting for him if he didn't re-open businesses.

I watched a news clip of the Illinois governor's press conference. He announced that people could now go boating, but only 2 people per boat. A reporter asked if that meant that, if there was a family of 5, only 2 of them at a time could go boating...even though they all live together 24/7. He responded "Yes," but offered no logic for that decree. It reminded me of this scene from a Woody Allen movie:

I watched a news clip of the Illinois governor's press conference. He announced that people could now go boating, but only 2 people per boat. A reporter asked if that meant that, if there was a family of 5, only 2 of them at a time could go boating...even though they all live together 24/7. He responded "Yes," but offered no logic for that decree. It reminded me of this scene from a Woody Allen movie:

but all 5 can go to the Walmart, the weed store, the liquor store, the abortion clinic, etc, etc. They really need to better think through some of this, otherwise it always looks political arbitrary. Same for treating an entire state exactly the same when 60% of the counties have 0 deaths, 20% have less than 10 deaths, 10% have 10-25 deaths & 10% of counties over 25 deaths. nope, lets destroy a business 200 miles away from the nearest county with a COVID death

Back